[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

app working on background even if the app is closed
Started by carloscosta Feb 01 2017 08:43 AM

- - - - -
1 reply to this topic

Best Answer Rob Miracle , 01 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

Corona SDK expects an app's user interface to be active and in the foreground. Corona has not been designed or tested to run without the UI active. We do not support backgrounding nor will we.

If you are lucky enough to get something to work, great for you. Just be aware  that we make updates, Apple, Google and Windows makes updates, and future updates might break your success. That's what "unsupported" means.

Rob

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

carloscosta

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 687 posts
  • Corona SDK

is this possible with corona sdk (not enterprise)?

local notifications works when apps are closed so i wonder if i use something like that.

i'm doing a code to check once a day to a remote database if there are new items.

if there are new items i will use local push notification to show the new items. but this only works if i open the app and close it again (to update the items database).

is there a way to do this with the app closed?

if not there are any suggestions to accomplish something like this? i was trying to make an automatic notifications for new items. i know a could go to onesignal and insert there the new items also and send to customers push notifications of the new items, but i was trying to make an "auto-solution".

regards,

Carlos.

[TOPIC: post.html]

Rob Miracle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Rob Miracle

• 26,615 posts
  • Enterprise

Best Answer

Corona SDK expects an app's user interface to be active and in the foreground. Corona has not been designed or tested to run without the UI active. We do not support backgrounding nor will we.

If you are lucky enough to get something to work, great for you. Just be aware  that we make updates, Apple, Google and Windows makes updates, and future updates might break your success. That's what "unsupported" means.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]