[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How to Prevent My App Files Being Picked Up by Google BackUp?
Started by Krivvenz Jan 16 2017 04:13 PM

1 reply to this topic
android backup restore
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Krivvenz

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Krivvenz
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

I've noticed my app that I am developing(currently in Beta) is having problems on my new Galaxy Tablet (SM-T580) running Android 6.0.1 because the app files are being picked up by Google Backup.

I'm testing for IAP so doing a lot of uninstalls / re installs and on this device it keeps picking up old data that I save in the user documents. If I turn off "Automatic Restore" it works fine but I can't tell all the users to do that.

On my Samsung S7 Edge running Android 6.0.1 with Automatic Restore turned on it works fine....

I've seen there is a settings manifest entry called android:allowBackup that you can set to false detailed in this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33169618/an-android-app-remembers-its-data-after-uninstall-and-reinstall

Is there a way to do this in Corona?

My app relies heavily on checking files and copying from the resource folder if the versions don't match during updates but on this device with that setting turned on its just picking up first version stuff! I'm worried some of the Beta testers will get this too.

Kind Regards,

Krivvenz.

[TOPIC: post.html]

Alan PlantPot

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Alan PlantPot
  • Contributor

• 935 posts
  • Corona SDK

Did you find a solution to this at all? We have a project which is built using the SDK rather than Enterprise and it would be useful to be able to set that manifest entry in build.settings if we can.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]