[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Need some help with error with composer/something else?
Started by ryanee Jan 13 2017 02:39 AM

3 replies to this topic
jenkins composer runtime error

Best Answer ryanee , 17 January 2017 - 07:40 AM

Solved the issue:

Unfortunately the solution seems to be rather specific to my situation, but I had two sprite objects that were causing the issue on android 5.0. The problem disappeared after I conditionally disabled them on android 5.0, even though they weren't throwing any errors. Found the solution by manually commenting out one display element at a time.

Cheers,

Ryan

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

ryanee

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
ryanee
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Context:

I am running an alpha trial at the moment on a game, and had run the game pretty extensively on the simulator as well as android devices in the range of android 5.1 to 6+ with no issues.

However, I have a small number of alpha testers running android 5.0 whose game gets stuck after the loading and starting phases, i.e. where "view1.lua" below is being loaded. 

I obtained this error message as I setup the game to send error messages back to my server, if any. Because of that, this is unfortunately the only piece of information I have. Player reports suggest that many visual elements/buttons disappear, but the remaining visible ones continue to work (I think they failed to load or something based on the error message?). The other clue I have is that it currently affects all (I only have a few but every single one has reported this issue) the android 5.0 users I have, but no one else. 

Any tips/advice/guesses on where I should look, as I am pretty unfamiliar with the changes across android generations and have no clue as to what might cause this error.

Runtime Error: "/Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/subrepos/composer/composer.lua:1362:+/Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/platform/resources/init.lua:838:+loop+or+previous+error+loading+module+‘view1’"

Thanks in advance!

ryanee

ryanee
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Solved the issue:

Unfortunately the solution seems to be rather specific to my situation, but I had two sprite objects that were causing the issue on android 5.0. The problem disappeared after I conditionally disabled them on android 5.0, even though they weren't throwing any errors. Found the solution by manually commenting out one display element at a time.

Cheers,

Ryan

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,895 posts
  • Enterprise

Do you have a scene view1? It sounds like it's trying to go that scene and that scene has an error.

Rob

ryanee

ryanee
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks Rob for the reply! 

Yes I have a view1, and I found that the "error loading" in "view1" was likely to be due to the sprites (which were displayed in view1 only). And removing the two sprites solved the problem for my android 5.0 devices!

I have kept the sprites in for all other android versions, and they don't get the view1 loading issue. 

Cheers,

Ryan

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]