(Caveat) Just starting out with Level Director X.
I was wondering the best method (using the editor) to create a follow path with behavior at waypoints...
Would it be to:
- create multiple short path segments (path1, path2, path3)
- attach the object to each path segment individually,
- somehow manage the object's use of each path segment within the editor (assume the paths are connected)
- create a single, longer and more complex path
- drop markers along the path
- test in code when the object is at a marker
- stop start the object's movement on the path in code (don't see those functions listed in the docs)
Obviously I'd love to do as much as possible within the editor. The simplest example would be having an object delay at a waypoint. Even more worthwhile would be condition tests at a waypoint, but that would likely be beyond the scope of LDX in-editor functions.
Is there a sample project that shows advanced follow path usage with simple delay and conditional tests at waypoints?
And is there a way to set the speed an object moves along the path, other than an incremental delay at the start?