[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Default Splash Screen (no more single codebase for multiple platforms)
Started by troylyndon Sep 22 2016 08:31 PM

- - - - -
30 replies to this topic

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

jhow

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
jhow
  • Contributor

• 159 posts
  • Enterprise

I'll see what I can find. Can you confirm that when you say "build a release for Amazon" that you're picking Amazon from the list of target stores on the build dialog?

That's correct.

Also, I'm using Corona version 2970.

Perry Clarke

Perry Clarke

• 850 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hmm, that's definitely a bug.  You can workaround it for the moment by making the default splashscreen be what you want and then turning it off for iOS:
splashScreen = 
{
    enable = true,
    image = "Default-Landscape@2x.png",

ios = {
        enable = false
    },
},

keystagefun

keystagefun
  • Contributor

• 334 posts
  • Corona SDK

Coming back to this as it seems the right place to post it and can't find the info anywhere else...

Is there a way to ensure my splash screen (which is on a white background) displays on both iPad and iPhone without a load of black either down each side or along the top / bottom?

If I make the size right for iPad it displays incorrectly on iPhone and vice versa.

The documentation just says "experiment", which I did, but can't find a way of getting different images to work for both.

Thanks.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,925 posts
  • Enterprise

As of right now, we only support a black background but we are looking to expand the feature set some point in the future.

Rob

davemikesell

davemikesell
  • Contributor

• 527 posts
  • Corona SDK

Just seeing this thread - since when are Apple launch screens not required?   This says they are.

https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/graphics/launch-screen/

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,925 posts
  • Enterprise

For iOS the flow goes:   UILaunchImage -> Corona Splash Screen -> Your first screen.

For Android it goes:   Corona Splash Screen -> Your first screen.

Apple still requires either static launch images (Default-568h@2x.png to get out of iPhone 4 mode, Default-667h@2x and Default-734h@3x.png) to get out of iPhone 5 compatibility mode with the new phones.  Or you can use a Storyboard based launch screen.

You have to have one of those to pass Apples automated tests. See: https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/launchFile/index.html

If you're using 3037 or later, we recommend using the Storyboard system. That's the daily build where we dropped iOS 6 and 7 support. If you're using older versions and you want to support the older OS's, you should continue to use the Static method since Storyboards were introduced in iOS 8

Rob

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]