[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Xcode 8 or macOS sierra build issue.
Started by simonm Sep 18 2016 10:02 PM

29 replies to this topic
ios xcode link error
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

simonm

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
simonm
  • Observer

• 22 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi!

Has anybody had any link error when building an iOS app after having switched over the macOS 10.12 (Sierra), Xcode 8 and iOS 10 SDK? My app, which worked fine before, now won't link as Corona will return this ...

Compiling Slices...
                    	Compiling architecture:	armv7
Sep. 19 03:25:09.527 	<execute>cd "/var/folders/d1/c4vn433x1fn4shcbtpllqr1h0000gn/T/CLtmph1evPt/armv7";unset LIBRARY_PATH; export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=6; export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin";/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -stdlib=libstdc++ -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS10.0.sdk -ObjC -all_load -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=6 -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/libtemplate" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.apple" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.coronaAds" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.facebook.v4" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.flurry.analytics" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.google.play.services" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.openssl" -L"/Users/simonm/Downloads/TestApp.app/.build/plugin.revmob" -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework CoreText -framework GameKit -framework GLKit -framework ImageIO -framework MapKit -framework MediaPlayer -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework StoreKit -framework SystemConfiguration -framework UIKit -framework CoreTelephony -framework WebKit -framework AdSupport -framework Accounts -framework EventKit -framework EventKitUI -weak_framework GameController -weak_framework AssetsLibrary -weak_framework Photos -weak_framework Foundation -weak_framework Twitter -lobjc -lsqlite3 -ltemplate -lgameNetwork-apple -lplugin_coronaAds -lz -lxml2 -llibc++ -llibstdc++ -lfacebook -lFlurryPlugin -lFlurry_7.5.2 -lgoogle-play-services -lplugin.openssl -lrevmobPlugin -o "/var/folders/d1/c4vn433x1fn4shcbtpllqr1h0000gn/T/CLtmph1evPt/armv7/TestApp"</execute>
                    	<result>clang: warning: libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ with a minimum deployment target of iOS 7
                    ld: library not found for -llibc++
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)</result>
Sep. 19 03:25:09.528 ERROR: Builder failed: clang: warning: libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ with a minimum deployment target of iOS 7
Sep. 19 03:25:09.528 ld: library not found for -llibc++
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Sep. 19 03:25:09.533 BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.
Sep. 19 03:25:09.561 iOS build failed (12) after 301 seconds
Sep. 19 03:25:09.638 ERROR: Build Failed: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.
Sep. 19 03:25:09.638 

There is definitely a "libc++.dylib" in the /usr/lib directory, so nothing has changed there.

I tried to revert to older versions of Xcode (7.3.1), iOS 9.3 and different versions of Corona (all the way from the most recent daily build to the last official release) and the problem persists ....

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

Just to make sure,  you're doing Simulator builds, not Enterprise builds?

You've tried build 2950 or later?

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am seeing this same issue. It just started today as I was building yesterday with no issues. I have downloaded 2016.2951 and still seeing the issue. I am using Simulator to build and when I build for iOS I see the following in the console:

Sep 19 01:02:12.320 ERROR: Builder failed: ld: library not found for -llibc++
Sep 19 01:02:12.320 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I am running the following:

iOS SDK 9.3

xCode 7.3

Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Corona SDK 2016.2951

Android is building just fine.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

I just did a build with 2951. I'm on Xcode 8 so I'm using iOS 10.0 SDK on El Capitan 10.11.6 and I didn't get an error. What happens if you drop back to 2949?

Rob

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

I was using 2948 this morning when I got the error. I will give 2949 the ole college try.

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

2016.2949 gives the same error...

Is there anyway to disable the coronaAds.plugin on your side? The only real change I have made in the past 2 days is to add Corona Ads. I tried removing all references in my app to Corona Ads but when I build the plugin is still added.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

Can I get a list of plugins you guys are using?  Post your build.settings please.

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

Facebook v4, toast, Corona Ads, notifications, sqlite3

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob, looks like it is Corona Ads. I removed that plugin from my build.settings and the build now works.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

Thanks for that. I'll see what we can do to fix it.

Rob

simonm

simonm
  • Observer

• 22 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi guys,

Yeah, looks like it was/is the Corona Ads plugin that's causing the issue. Removing that from my build.settings has allowed the app to build just fine. (Switching to older / newer builds of the Corona Simulator didn't help).

So, I can get a build working (which is good), but I'll have to hold off on the Corona Ads dev for a bit ...

Thanks for the help!

jack42

jack42
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm having this issue too. Please fix or I'll be forced to use a different ad platform :-(.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

They are working on a solution.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

Can everyone try again?

jack42

jack42
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

Working now, thanks Rob!

gsglawson

gsglawson
  • Enthusiast

• 70 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yes, working for me as well.

Rob, while we are on Corona Ads, can you take a look at this post? Thanks!

simonm

simonm
  • Observer

• 22 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sovled for me also.

Thanks for all the help!

bluetardis

bluetardis
  • Enthusiast

• 68 posts
  • Corona SDK

Can you guys please post what you did to resolve?

I am using Corona Enterprise v2016.2828,

Plugin coronaAds

same error "libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ with a minimum deployment target of iOS 7"

Xcode: "Version 8.0 (8A218a)"

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

You need to get the latest Corona Enterprise and plugin archive file and get the latest Corona Ads plugin from it. You have to have daily build 2948 or later to deploy to Apple. 2949 has the release iOS SDK with it, so that's our minimum recommended version.  But the Corona Ads issue was fixed a few builds after that, so in your case just getting the latest every think (Enterprise, Simulator, Plugin archive) will be your best bet.

Rob

bluetardis

bluetardis
  • Enthusiast

• 68 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob,

I have had an interesting morning.  Have upgraded to latest of Corona - Am using CoronaEnterprisePlugins.2016.2954

(Enterprise and Plugins).  On OSX 10.11.6 (happy to upgrade if this truly fixed the issue)

Xcode: "Version 8.0 (8A218a)"

Results:

I can build the sample project successfully

I can make a new project and add in other plugins (e.g. notifications) successfully

What would be helpful?

Please confirm the steps you used for Enterprise.

Please start with the "ProjectTemplates/App"

either:
1. a quick video of starting with the Tempalte app, adding in your coronaAds plugin and the ,bundle and the code from the ads app 
or
2. a list of the steps.

I am going crazy as I can't figure the source of the error and it looks like a 64bit change... "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:"

Thanks

Peter

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,561 posts
  • Enterprise

Now that's a different issue. I'm betting you're trying to test in the Xcode simulator instead of a device.  x86_64 is the chip set for Macs not iPhone/iPads. They are armv7. Look and see if there is an iphone-sim plugin that you can include too.

Rob

bluetardis

bluetardis
  • Enthusiast

• 68 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob,

was indeed testing in the sim.  However i am targeting arm7

http://imgur.com/a/biY7U

Using CoronaEnterprisePlugins.2016.2954/Corona-ads/2016.2828/iphone/libplugin_coronaAds.a

I have the project working with CoronaEnterprisePlugins.2016.2954/notifications/2015.2542/iphone/libnotifications.a

Hence my request for your steps used.  Alternatively, I can document my build steps and post but i thought the other way might be faster...

Peter

theromero

theromero
  • Enthusiast

• 80 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am also having trouble building with the latest Enterprise in Xcode.

Xcode 8, build 8A218a

CoronaEnterprise-2016.2963

I have all the plugins I am using. Build fails with this:

Command /user/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Do I need to completely rebuild my project?

theromero

theromero
  • Enthusiast

• 80 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ok, I totally rebuilt my project from scratch and it was a multi-hour hassle. Hopefully, this will save some of you some time.

The codesign error that I was getting was for some bad audio data! I actually had a couple types of issues:

(1) One of the graphics in a directory was a symbolic link. This won't work with Apple's code signing process.

(2) We have only about 6 WAV files as everything is MP3. But those WAVs had something wrong with them that made codesign fail, so I resaved those files back out after making sure the bit rate was 44khz and had no funny headers or anything in them. Then, just one WAV file ended up being a pain (codesign kept failing) so I made it a 22khz file and that worked.

When I rebuilt the project from the CoronaEnterprise ProjectTemplate in Xcode 8, everything went smoothly normally, except for plugins. For some reason I was getting an error about libplayer.a and Xcode said it couldn't find the CoronaEnterprise/Corona/ios/lib directory, but of course it's right there.

The fix for this was to copy all the plugins I'm using into that directory, then drag those .a files into the "Link Binary With Libraries" section of the Target section.

Now the game runs in the iOS Xcode Simulators as well as builds to iOS devices and can be copied to the devices. Now I can TestFlight the game again.

firerabbit.info

firerabbit.info
  • Contributor

• 168 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob, we don't use Corona ads where we get the error. Removing Vungle does it for us where we can build again. Using 2949 or 2970 with Mac OSX El Capitan / SDK 10. Any thoughts / help?

Dropping this - and it works:

-- ADS VUNGLE

["CoronaProvider.ads.vungle"] =
{
publisherId = "com.vungle",
},

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]