[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Rob Miracle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Rob Miracle

• 25,544 posts
  • Enterprise

This plugin: "CoronaProvider.ads.admob".

should not be used any more. Google is killing it in a month or so. We've not had it up for new people to use in some time.

AdMob V2 "plugin.google.play.services" is our current version of AdMob. It however uses an incompatible version of the Google Play Services to what Google Analytics needs. We are working to solve this on multiple fronts, but it's a huge project with many moving pieces.

We understand this is a big issue and we are working on addressing it as fast as we can. We still have a lot to do.

Rob

Alan PlantPot

Alan PlantPot
  • Contributor

• 907 posts
  • Corona SDK

Just so I'm sure I understand, that means that anyone who requires "plugin.google.play.services" for anything at all cannot use Google Analytics at the moment, correct?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,544 posts
  • Enterprise

Not necessarily. Many plugins work with both versions of the GPS plugin. As far as I know GA is the only one having an issue. It's the only one that's popping up.

Rob

pontobarraGAME

pontobarraGAME
  • Observer

• 26 posts
  • Corona SDK

This plugin: "CoronaProvider.ads.admob".

should not be used any more. Google is killing it in a month or so. We've not had it up for new people to use in some time.

AdMob V2 "plugin.google.play.services" is our current version of AdMob. It however uses an incompatible version of the Google Play Services to what Google Analytics needs. We are working to solve this on multiple fronts, but it's a huge project with many moving pieces.

We understand this is a big issue and we are working on addressing it as fast as we can. We still have a lot to do.

Rob

In other words, it is not possible to use AdMob and GoogleAnalytics together by now, right?

Do you have any plans to adjust this problem?
I have a big multiplatform project to be released this week!

Anyway, thanks for the support. I use Corona to almost 3 years and have always been satisfied!

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,785 posts
  • Enterprise

https://bitbucket.org/Jonjonsson/google-analytics-for-corona-sdk/

I use this in my app works fine. This rest api is easy to use and is cross platform on apple tv, mac, android, windows, windows phone, kindle, kindle tv fire tv, iOS, and android tv. 

• Alex@Panc likes this

stanga

stanga
  • Contributor

• 193 posts
  • Corona SDK

We're experiencing the crash as well...

So basically, we have to choose between Google Analytics and AdMob? 

There is no other way to make it work? We really need them both...

Alex@Panc

Alex@Panc
  • Corona Geek

• 1,731 posts
  • Corona SDK

I want to add that I have been using Jon Johnsons module with no problems since its inception.

Alan PlantPot

Alan PlantPot
  • Contributor

• 907 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rest API it is then!

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,085 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just had the same problem. I removed Google Analytics and I am back to using Flurry. In any case it sounds like progress to me. Version 8x is a much newer version than 4x. So sooner or later to resolve this we might get the newer version.

pontobarraGAME

pontobarraGAME
  • Observer

• 26 posts
  • Corona SDK

Any news about the fix people?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,544 posts
  • Enterprise

I can't provide a date on when this will be fixed. If you need to release now or soon, you should find an alternative like Flurry. It's a complex issue with multiple dependencies that have to be met first.

pontobarraGAME

pontobarraGAME
  • Observer

• 26 posts
  • Corona SDK

I can't provide a date on when this will be fixed. If you need to release now or soon, you should find an alternative like Flurry. It's a complex issue with multiple dependencies that have to be met first.

Oh ok, no problem :D

Thanks so much and good luck with the issue, i know you guys can fix it, good team 

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google analytics, download failed, server problem, build, android