[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Old Spriteloq Sprite Sheet Compatibility?
Started by staytoooned Jul 01 2016 12:56 PM

3 replies to this topic
sprites sprite sheet spriteloq loq_sprite
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

staytoooned

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
staytoooned
  • Contributor

• 198 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is it possible to use a Spriteloq sprite sheet with the latest version of Corona? If so, how can I get this to work?

I'm getting this error message:

Attempt to index upvalue 'loqsprite' (a boolean value)

Thanks!

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @staytoooned,

I would say it's unlikely. There may be some conversion method, but it might still generate API calls based on the old, long-deprecated "sprite" library in Corona which dates back 4+ years. While that library actually still is available (but completely unsupported), I can't vouch for its performance or reliability.

Is there some reason you can't just make your own image sheet and sprites using modern methods?

Brent

staytoooned

staytoooned
  • Contributor

• 198 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks Brent. The animation was done in Flash and I don't have the original files.

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 318 posts
  • Corona Staff

I would assume that best way to proceed here would be to convert image sheet frame data to modern format with some scripting. I don't have any idea how Spriteloq format looks like, so I can't even tell if it would be hard, but usually it is pretty straightforward.

Edit: I just downloaded some random Spriteloq example on internet and got it working with adding sprite.lua to project directory and adding to sprite = require("sprite"beginning of main.lua. If you want quick and dirty way to get it working, it may help, but I would rather recommend rewriting some code into more contemporary ways.

Edit2: sorry. It doesn't quite work... But images are still there, and I'm sure it woudn't be hard to extract data into imagesheet format.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]