[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Business App: Login and Password Encryption Sample
Started by yanko_l10 Mar 09 2016 08:03 AM

30 replies to this topic
business app login encryption sample remote database
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Rob Miracle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Rob Miracle

• 25,646 posts
  • Enterprise

My access is pretty much limited to here. Other community members might be more available to have a chat with you.

yanko_l10

yanko_l10
  • Enthusiast

• 81 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey Rob,

I'm pretty lost again. I'm still trying to make progress on my app but I can't seem to find in depth help with what I want to do. Today I found about Parse server (which apparently is only going on for one more year) and some stuff like REST api which im not sure what they mean. Thing is, im considering again switching platforms because I cant find much help or places to learn how to implement these functionalities into my app... more specifically, being able to locate other users on a map and be able to send them a request (for a service) and then have the other user agree to the service or decline it.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,646 posts
  • Enterprise

Actually you've done something in your own thread called "Hijacking". You did it twice actually. The first time was asking about activity indicators that have nothing to do with business app logins and passwords.

These are community forums which means that the community pitches in to help each other. They need good thread topics to respond to and generally they don't response once a staff member has responded.  The second hijack came when you changed the topic to discuss maps and putting markers on the map and getting data from services.

There are lots of people willing to help answer these questions and there is also the "Google machine". There is forum search. It's amazing what can be found by doing:  "Corona map tutorial" in a google search.

I suggest that we close this thread unless it has to do with business app login and password encryption. Start a new thread asking the question you need help with at the moment. Make sure to create a good title, let people know what you've tried and what resources you've looked at and see what happens.

Rob

yanko_l10

yanko_l10
  • Enthusiast

• 81 posts
  • Corona SDK

I decided to post to this thread because you were following it, and you clearly know corona very well, so I thought it would be my best option to talk to someone who I had already had contact with before and seemed to be active in the forums.

I'm well aware of the things that can be found by using google, which is the first thing I do when i try to work on something i'm not familiar with. Before I made any posts at all in this forum actually, I made sure to research the subject thoroughly and try to find all the information I could. The only reason I started posting on this forum, was because I was unable to find anything that could truly help me develop my app.

To your last suggestion, I already did, a few days ago. Again, I came back to this thread because the other one wasn't getting much attention.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,646 posts
  • Enterprise

You can bump your post after say 24 hours or so if you're not getting traffic. What was it called? or better yet what is the URL to the thread?

yanko_l10

yanko_l10
  • Enthusiast

• 81 posts
  • Corona SDK

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/62536-app-that-uses-maps-api/ link to the other tread.

Just added an edit to the first post too.

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]