[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

!!!HELP!!! Rolling balls RELEASE opionion
Started by Auksfrail Mar 15 2011 06:50 AM

14 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Auksfrail

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hell oI am done with this app I wanted to know if you guys like it so here it is:

There is a ball in the top left corner and a goal in the botton right corner. Then there are 3 stars placed on the map. You will have to draw a line and try to collect all 3 stars. Each level gets harder and harder. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND IF YOU WOULD BUY IT FOR $0.99?
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 307881

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Is there a link to see ?
uid: 24 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28010

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

Heres a link for the images: http://auksfrail.webs.com/apps.htm
Please tell me if I should upload it to the app store... AND PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU THINK IT WOULD SELL OVER 500,000 TIMES. THANKYOU..
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28023

infusedreams

infusedreams
  • Contributor

• 281 posts
  • Corona SDK

I don't know, how do you control the ball ? The screenshots just look like the levels would complete themselves .....

uid: 6981 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28025

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sorry I completed the first part of it. The real objective it yto draw the line yourself and make a path. And it wouyld get harder and harder because you wouldnt know were to draw the line. And to make the ball fall you hit the play buton.
WHAT DO YOU THINK.
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28028

infusedreams

infusedreams
  • Contributor

• 281 posts
  • Corona SDK

No need for the caps locks buddy :)

I think it's a decent idea, but will need a lot more before it is diverse enough to provide a challenge. Like obstacles and such that you would have to draw around perhaps ?

I like the idea though, it reminds me a tad of the kirby games on the nintendo ds

also take a peek at this :

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/03/16/think-you-clone
uid: 6981 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28030

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

Lol sorry for the caps lock but yeah I will make obstacles and a moving star. But I read your forum and do you think thats what Im doing.(do you think im copying bubble ball)? because this is my original idea I thought of it in class. Well thanks for the opinion though. :) please visit my website and we can stay in touch
http://auksfrail.webs.com/apps.htm
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28031

infusedreams

infusedreams
  • Contributor

• 281 posts
  • Corona SDK

Your idea isn't copying it but the graphics are.

I'm sure you can think of something more original than using a bubble ball and a flag (like bubble ball) for the goal cant you ? :)

uid: 6981 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28033

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well i got all th graphics either from google or photo bucket and and ideas on using instead of a flag and a ball. Thankyou
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28035

infusedreams

infusedreams
  • Contributor

• 281 posts
  • Corona SDK

Avoid using graphics from google or photobucket. Most of them are copyrighted and you could face legal action if the creator finds out you have used them without permission in your game.

Take a browse though this site http://www.openclipart.org/

They are all free to use without copyright and there is tons of stuff there.

Take a browse there for a while and im sure you will find something original and appropriate to use in your game :)

A bee with damaged wings and a honey jar perhaps ? The possibilities are endless
uid: 6981 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28040

J. A. Whye

J. A. Whye
  • Corona Geek

• 1,689 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yeah, make sure you don't ship with the Float spikes in it, etc., that would be just rude. I've grabbed graphics from other games just to get something on screen for a proof of concept type thing, just make sure you swap them out before you ship.

But it looks like it could be a fun game -- almost like you're creating a roller-coaster track. In fact, to make it more unlike Bubble Ball, using a little car or something with wheels instead of the ball might be cool.

As far as will it sell 500,000 times, no, it won't.

What?!? How can I say that?

Because the odds are on my side. ;) I'm not sure what the average number of copies sold per app is, but I'd bet all I have that it's *way* less than 500K.

However, you never know what will happen. If you *must* sell 500K copies for some reason, forget it and go do something else, it's a big gamble. But if you want to make a fun/cool game that others will enjoy, go for it knowing that you might only sell 50 copies.

But then, you never know what can happen. And it does look like it could be a fun game.

Jay

PS -- If you see something from me in the near future that's reminiscent of this, I ain't copying -- I came up with an idea while standing in the iPad line the other day and am poking at it right now to see whether it's doable. :)

uid: 9440 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28041

cl-apps

cl-apps
  • Contributor

• 303 posts
  • Corona SDK

It looks like a pretty cool idea if it is original, think I've seen a few things similar if not the same so you would have to come up with some very compelling graphics and sounds and generally really polish the whole thing to a high standard, as is with the poor graphics you'd struggle without some proper backing either financial for marketing or word of mouth on a grand scale.

Don't let that deter you though, keep going at it, because the idea is sound.

uid: 33866 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28066

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

@cl-apps if you have any skill in creating apps with corona would you like to pair up and combine graphics and ideas to make a grand app? IF so you can send me an email - auksfrailco@gmail.com. If you decide your answer is yes, then we can work out chat on AIM messenger. PLEASE and thank you in advance.
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28401

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

@J.A Wayne would you like to be "partners" and make this game possible with a bunch of major changes and we could go for #1 and get us some money? Because to be honest with you I am having some problems with this. Give me an email at- auksfrailco@gmail.com
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28434

Auksfrail

Auksfrail
  • Enthusiast

• 48 posts
  • Corona SDK

@J.A Wayne would you like to be "partners" and make this game possible with a bunch of major changes and we could go for #1 and get us some money? Because to be honest with you I am having some problems with this. Give me an email at- auksfrailco@gmail.com
uid: 44060 topic_id: 7881 reply_id: 28435

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]