[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

In Development: Dusk 1.0
Started by Caleb P Feb 23 2016 12:28 PM

28 replies to this topic
dusk dusk-engine
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

element_skate

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
element_skate
  • Enthusiast

• 36 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi guys,

I've decided to try the Dusk Engine for one of my new projects. However, I can't find any documentation or tutorials for it.

I managed to load a map from Tiled but that's all. I have no idea how to call the other functionalities.

Do you guys have any idea if the Dusk engine will soon be added as a Corona plugin and whether there will be any documentation for it?

Thanks in advance,

Happy coding!

Caleb P

Caleb P
  • Corona Geek

• 1,424 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dusk 1.0 will eventually be released as a Corona plugin with full documentation, guides, and even a video tutorial series that I'm plugging away on. Right now, you can find what docs there are at http://rawgit.com/GymbylCoding/Dusk-Engine/master/docs/.

- Caleb

Caleb P

Caleb P
  • Corona Geek

• 1,424 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey guys! I'd just like to alert everyone that I will be starting college on Wednesday. The first couple weeks will probably be super, super busy so I might not even be able to check the forums at all. Once I get settled into college, Dusk 1.0 will be picked back up, I promise. Thanks for all of your support!

- Caleb

GoG

GoG
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello Caleb,

Thanks again for your time and effort making this amazing library ;)

I've been a user of the previous version of Dusk for a few months now and, as the rest of the Corona community,

I'm very grateful you shared your library with us all !

I was about to post a new question on the forum about it when I saw your thread regarding the new 1.0 version.

I'm currently testing it and wanted to share some of my feedback so far:

- I tried using the new engine with maps generated by latest 'Tiled' version (0.17) but ran into some nasty crash messages.

It seems that some properties names has changed inside the 'json' files between 'Tiled' versions.

Thought it might interest the rest of the community too  :P

Regarding interesting features you may add to the library, I thought about this 2 so far:

- Version number (in source code) and possibly a 'getVersion()' function (so we can track updates)

- A 'pause/resume sprites' function (or a table of instanciated sprites) so we can manage game screen pause

(In fact I thought about the same request for your 'CBE' library too :)

Hope this help.

Thanks again for your time and dedication.

And good luck for your fresh man year at college !

Regards

GoG

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]