[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Falcon777

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 403 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm observing the same behavior. The logScreenName method is not submitting to the analytics server until a logEvent call is made. This is only a problem on iOS.

Good to know it is happening only to iOS as I have not really checked out the logs for Android.  Some of my apps have a mix of log screen and log events so can't really tell if there is an issue or not.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 403 posts
  • Corona SDK

Then we need a bug report. If our sample isn't working, you can use it as the project that you need to submit. Please post the case ID # back here when you get it.

Thanks

Rob

I have submitted a bug report and once again I did not receive any email on the case number.  This is the third time I have tried submitting a bug report and not getting any response.  Can you help me look into the bug tracking system?  I am able to receive other emails from Corona like the newsletters and the forum notification on new posts.

Thanks.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

Case 45724

Squadventure Games

Squadventure Games
  • Contributor

• 104 posts
  • Corona SDK

Any updates for this issue?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

According to Engineering this has been fixed. Since its a plugin, you should get the changes the next time you build without needing a  new Corona build.

Can someone confirm this?

Rob

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 403 posts
  • Corona SDK

According to Engineering this has been fixed. Since its a plugin, you should get the changes the next time you build without needing a  new Corona build.

Can someone confirm this?

Rob

Just tested it with a new build.  Still the same issue.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

This thread is kind of long and I think there are multiple issues being talked about.

Specifically what is not working?

What errors are you seeing?

I'll update the bug report because the engineers feel they have fixed this.

Rob

Squadventure Games

Squadventure Games
  • Contributor

• 104 posts
  • Corona SDK

If I'm following this correctly, the plugin doesn't report logScreenName activity to Google Analytics until the app reports a logEvent activity. This only happens on iOS. Falcon777 please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

Well the thread started out about IFDA errors. This is why hijacking threads is a bad thing. I can bounce this back, but I have to have confirmation that the logScreenName is still a problem.

Rob

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 403 posts
  • Corona SDK

If I'm following this correctly, the plugin doesn't report logScreenName activity to Google Analytics until the app reports a logEvent activity. This only happens on iOS. Falcon777 please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that's right.  Sorry for the late reply.  Seems like the thread notification feature is not working thus I did not get notified that there is a new update to this thread.

christine03

christine03
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi, I am currently getting the same error. I have been working on this for days. Has it been solved? Thanks!

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

As far as we know, its been solved. It's been over a month since anyone mentioned it.

What version of Corona SDK are you using?

What platform are you running it on (Windows, OS X)

What device are you testing on?

What OS and version is that device running?

Can you provide the console log from the device with the message in it?

Rob

christine03

christine03
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have a OS X and Xcode 7.1. I'm working on a mobile app using Unity3D. I use Google Analytics plugin for unity. The app is working fine on iPhone 6s iOS 9.1. But after I follow the step to configure the plugin, I got idfa class missing. I'm not sure what version of Corona SDK I use. Sorry, its my first time making mobile app. But thank you so much! 

2016-06-06 23:25:09.151 GoFindFashion[2504:1203383] -> registered mono modules 0x10121f4a0

2016-06-06 23:25:09.317 GoFindFashion[2504:1203383] You've implemented -[<UIApplicationDelegate> application:didReceiveRemoteNotification:fetchCompletionHandler:], but you still need to add "remote-notification" to the list of your supported UIBackgroundModes in your Info.plist.

-> applicationDidFinishLaunching()

-> applicationDidBecomeActive()

Init: screen size 750x1334

Initializing Metal device caps

Initialize engine version: 5.3.4f1 (fdbb5133b820)

UnloadTime: 1.087750 ms

Initializing Google Analytics 0.2.

GoogleAnalyticsV4:InitializeTracker()

GoogleAnalyticsV4:Awake()

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Initializing Google Analytics iOS Tracker.

GoogleAnalyticsiOSV3:InitializeTracker()

GoogleAnalyticsV4:InitializeTracker()

GoogleAnalyticsV4:Awake()

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2016-06-06 23:25:17.067 GoFindFashion[2504:1203383] VERBOSE: GoogleAnalytics 3.15 +[GAITrackerModel initialize] (GAITrackerModel.m:88): idfa class missing, won't collect idfa

[ERROR]native : unity.cc:221 Resume: Start() has not been called!

[ERROR]native : unity.cc:221 Resume: Start() has not been called!

2016-06-06 23:25:17.512 GoFindFashion[2504:1203383] INFO: GoogleAnalytics 3.15 -[GAIReachabilityChecker reachabilityFlagsChanged:] (GAIReachabilityChecker.m:159): Reachability flags update: 0X000002

2016-06-06 23:25:22.514 GoFindFashion[2504:1203691] INFO: GoogleAnalytics 3.15 -[GAIBatchingDispatcher hitsForDispatch] (GAIBatchingDispatcher.m:368): No pending hits.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

Corona SDK is a different platform than Unity 3D. If you're using Unity, you need to ask in their forums. If your game is a 2D game instead of a 3D game, I would invite you to check out Corona SDK (https://coronalabs.com). It's a great platform to build apps and games on. However, we are not a 3D engine.

Rob

• christine03 likes this

javier86

javier86
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Any updates about google analytics and IDFA related problem?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

This thread got hijacked to talk about different problems. It's a very long post, and it's really hard to know what problem is being reported.

At this point, if you're having an issue with the GA plugin. please file a bug report using the "Report a bug" link at the top of the page. You will need a test case that causes the error to happen. The simpler you can make it the better. This must at a minimum include a build.settings, config.lua and main.lua file for the test case. It also needs any other assets needed to let an engineer, build the app to a device without them having to guess at what's needed.  Drop all of this in a .zip file and attach it to the bug report.

Please post the CaseID number you get back from the confirmation email here.

Thanks

Rob

[topic_controls]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, analytics, error, idfa