[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook Audience Network Approval Process
Started by Falcon777 Jan 30 2016 02:45 PM

- - - - -
55 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Falcon777

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I wanted to jump in because I was running into this with two apps.  I had thought the default impressions from the simulator would be enough for the "five sample" test ads that they talk about.  And, looking at the developer portal, it showed that we had thousands of requests.  It wasn't until I read above, that the actual "impressions" might be what is required.

So, for the first app, I hooked a test device up to Xcode and ran (I had set the hash for that device).  We have a refresh of 60 seconds.   For each valid impression, it writes "[FBAudienceNetworkLog/FBAdUtility:396] Impression is logged (displayed for test ads only)" to the log.

Once I had five or six of those messages, I stopped running it.  Less than 2 minutes later, I got an alert saying that the app was approved.

To make sure it wasn't just a fluke, I did the same with the other app.  Again, less than a minute or two later, I got another alert saying it was approved.

Note that the banking info wasn't set for one of those apps, but I was able to set it after it was approved.

Hope this helps....

Hi Mike

Thanks for your input. All this while, I am using the actual device for testing but still not getting any impression (just test ads).

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Just a quick update.  My apps are still not approved but I finally able to see impressions on my dashboard.  I will wait patiently for another day or two for approval.

To be able to generate impression, please ensure the following:

1. Make sure you've logged into the Facebook app on your mobile device within the past 30 days.

Also, make sure you logged in with the SAME Facebook profile that you're using as the admin of your app. You can see the profile you're using as admin by going to developers.facebook.com/apps/YOUR_APP_ID/roles

2. For iOS, make sure in Settings>Privacy>Advertising, "Limit Ad Tracking" is turned OFF.

3. For Android, make sure in Settings>Google>Ads, "Opt out of interest-based ads" is turned OFF.

4. Do not use device hash in the initialisation of the plugin.

A guy from the Facebook Community Group advised me the above steps and it works perfectly for me.  Not sure if he is from the Facebook Team.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Maybe someone from the Corona Team should include this into the documentation. 

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Just a quick update.  My apps are still not approved but I finally able to see impressions on my dashboard.  I will wait patiently for another day or two for approval.

To be able to generate impression, please ensure the following:

1. Make sure you've logged into the Facebook app on your mobile device within the past 30 days.

Also, make sure you logged in with the SAME Facebook profile that you're using as the admin of your app. You can see the profile you're using as admin by going to developers.facebook.com/apps/YOUR_APP_ID/roles

2. For iOS, make sure in Settings>Privacy>Advertising, "Limit Ad Tracking" is turned OFF.

3. For Android, make sure in Settings>Google>Ads, "Opt out of interest-based ads" is turned OFF.

4. Do not use device hash in the initialisation of the plugin.

A guy from the Facebook Community Group advised me the above steps and it works perfectly for me.  Not sure if he is from the Facebook Team.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Maybe someone from the Corona Team should include this into the documentation. 

@Falcon thanks for the update.

This info is actually included in FB's docs (except step 7), but their docs can be confusing as we all know.

We'll get this into our docs, as it's a vital step in getting live ads going in your app.

Appreciate you continuing to hammer away at this.

Thank you

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Latest Update.

All the apps that I submitted for Facebook Audience Network are approved.  Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread especially Danny and Mike.  :)

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

So even if impressions are not logged in the Facebook portal as long as I am getting "[FBAudienceNetworkLog/FBAdUtility:396] impression is logged (displayed for test ads only)" message in the log it should be giving me the ad impression I need for approval to begin? 

sbullock

sbullock
  • Contributor

• 173 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi All;

I just carefully followed Falcon777's instructions today and got the approval within 8 hours of having about 4 "impressions" register. Thanks so much for the instructions. Note -- until I removed the hash and made the "impressions", I had a number of "requests" (registered in their ad tracking table) over a number of days of testing. But the "requests" didn't trigger a review by Facebook.

I agree that this should end up in the Corona docs somewhere because it is certainly an obscure set of steps to approval.

Thanks!

Steve

[topic_controls]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]