[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook Audience Network Approval Process
Started by Falcon777 Jan 30 2016 02:45 PM

- - - - -
55 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Falcon777

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

You definitely wouldn't publish the game without FB approving you for live ads first.

In my experience developing the plugin, I filled in the application form on the portal. It asks for the urls to your apps on the request form.

I didn't fill them in, as naturally I was not doing this for an app. I completed the form and was contacted within a day after by a FB representative. They told me they could pre-approve live ads for me, so i could test.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do the same for you guys.

That being said, I'll try and get some links of interest, and more info when I'm back at my computer.

Thanks.  I couldn't find the section which I can add in my app url.  

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

I can't seem to find the application window for live Ads anymore either. Maybe they realised that their model for approval was overcomplicating the process and took it out?

From looking over their portal, it still seems as though the app itself must be approved by Facebook to get live ads going in production. Very confusing.

Relevant info from their portal: (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/audience-network/getting-started)

Once you have a FB App ID, you can setup the SDK (app) or JavaScript tagging (mobile web) and start testing placement IDs right away!

Please note: At this stage, test ads will only be served to admins and developers of your app or mobile website. Once you generate five impressions (five successful calls to our servers that return an ad), we will confirm your app or mobile website meets our guidelines within a few business days. We'll then update you when Facebook Ads will be served to everyone from your app or mobile website.

So maybe the process is automatic now? Would love someone who has met the above criteria and got an email response from Facebook confirming that their Ads are now "available to everyone" to confirm if they are getting live Ads or not, after the fact.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

I don’t know if this matters but in the Facebook portal click on the “App Review” menu on the left side. Make sure the button at the top by the app name is set to “YES”. Also click on the “Settings” menu and make sure you have a contact email filled in. Next click on the  “Audience Network” menu and scroll to the bottom and make sure that you are getting “Requests”, “Filled” and “Impressions” stats under the the “Details” area.

I hope this helps.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

I don’t know if this matters but in the Facebook portal click on the “App Review” menu on the left side. Make sure the button at the top by the app name is set to “YES”. Also click on the “Settings” menu and make sure you have a contact email filled in. Next click on the  “Audience Network” menu and scroll to the bottom and make sure that you are getting “Requests”, “Filled” and “Impressions” stats under the the “Details” area.

I hope this helps.

Already did that previously but still not getting any notification from Facebook.  I have only Request stats.  Filled and Impressions are empty.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

Here are two more things to check/try:

1. Make sure the show statement has both params:
fbAudienceNetwork.show( adUnitType, placementID )

2. Also you might try logging into the Facebook app on the device and then trying the game.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

Here are two more things to check/try:

1. Make sure the show statement has both params:
fbAudienceNetwork.show( adUnitType, placementID )

2. Also you might try logging into the Facebook app on the device and then trying the game.

Mike,

Thanks.  Already did that as well.  Just curious. Did the live ads appear after you receive the alert that your app is approved or before?

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yes the live ads started after I was approved.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Yes the live ads started after I was approved.

Mystery solved then :)

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Mystery solved then :)

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.

Unfortunately, there is no approval alert for my apps yet and there doesn't seem to be a way to reach out to Facebook.  This ad network is definitely frustrating to use.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am still unable to see any live ads.  No news or whatsoever from Facebook. :(

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

I am still unable to see any live ads. No news or whatsoever from Facebook. :(

Have you sent them an email to see what is going on at their end? If not I'd suggest doing that. If you've already done that, I suggest following up with them

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Have you sent them an email to see what is going on at their end? If not I'd suggest doing that. If you've already done that, I suggest following up with them

Hi Danny

I can't seem to find a way to contact them.  There is no contact form or email address for me to reach out to them.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hi Danny

I can't seem to find a way to contact them.  There is no contact form or email address for me to reach out to them.

If it helps, the person who contacted me was: alaina.audiencenetwork [@] fb [.] com

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

If it helps, the person who contacted me was: alaina.audiencenetwork [@] fb [.] com

Thanks, Danny.  :)

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

Did you have any luck contacting Alaina and was she able to help? I have another game that  I have been waiting for over 7 days for them to approve.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

Did you have any luck contacting Alaina and was she able to help? I have another game that  I have been waiting for over 7 days for them to approve.

Unfortunately no. It is the third week for me. :(

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am about ready to give up on using the Facebook Audience Network plugin. :(

I think someone at Corona needs to contact Facebook to get the issue of getting apps approved corrected or get clarity on what is going on!

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am about ready to give up on using the Facebook Audience Network plugin. :(

I think someone at Corona needs to contact Facebook to get the issue of getting apps approved corrected or get clarity on what is going on!

I share the same sentiment. Initially I am really excited at this new monetisation opportunity but the lack of support from the Facebook team is really disappointing.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hey guys. I feel your frustration.

It doesn't make any sense why the approval times either vary wildly, or don't happen at all.

I'll contact Facebook and see what's going on. Ideally, I'll try and get them here on this thread.

Cheers

a.banknote

a.banknote
  • Observer

• 1 posts
  • Corona SDK

I kinda figured out what is going on with the test ads.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/audience-network/faq#a5

It says in the sub-section "How can I test the integration is working correctly before releasing my app?" that you need to run the app in simulator mode to get test ads, or register your device following their procedure to get test ads on your phone. This is so incredibly confusing. They could have just put a link in their integration dashboard but no, you have to dig it to find out how to do this properly.

I guess after you run test ads a few times, just sit and wait for them to contact you? Also do not forget to register a company in "Payout" section. That seems like a blocker from what I read elsewhere.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

So I did the test ads via the hash on 2-6-16 but my app has still not been approved. Since they say it will only take a few days to approve your app I am not sure what is going on because they don't give any indication/feedback on anything. They need to let you know once you have met the test ads criteria and that the app is in the approval process. They also need to give devs a way to contact them. 

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I kinda figured out what is going on with the test ads.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/audience-network/faq#a5

It says in the sub-section "How can I test the integration is working correctly before releasing my app?" that you need to run the app in simulator mode to get test ads, or register your device following their procedure to get test ads on your phone. This is so incredibly confusing. They could have just put a link in their integration dashboard but no, you have to dig it to find out how to do this properly.

I guess after you run test ads a few times, just sit and wait for them to contact you? Also do not forget to register a company in "Payout" section. That seems like a blocker from what I read elsewhere.

Done all that but nothing from Facebook yet.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

I heard back from someone at Facebook and they said I had only generated 2 impressions for the test ads which I know I had done 6. Yesterday I tried to create more using the hash testing method but only one showed up out of 19 requests even though I received a test ad each time. So at this point I am not sure if it is the their system or the plugin that is incorrectly working but I think it is their system.

Here is the person who contacted me back: cathy.audnet [@] fb [.] com but I had originally contacted them using the email that Danny provided.

mikem8806

mikem8806
  • Observer

• 1 posts
  • Corona SDK

I wanted to jump in because I was running into this with two apps.  I had thought the default impressions from the simulator would be enough for the "five sample" test ads that they talk about.  And, looking at the developer portal, it showed that we had thousands of requests.  It wasn't until I read above, that the actual "impressions" might be what is required.

So, for the first app, I hooked a test device up to Xcode and ran (I had set the hash for that device).  We have a refresh of 60 seconds.   For each valid impression, it writes "[FBAudienceNetworkLog/FBAdUtility:396] Impression is logged (displayed for test ads only)" to the log.

Once I had five or six of those messages, I stopped running it.  Less than 2 minutes later, I got an alert saying that the app was approved.

To make sure it wasn't just a fluke, I did the same with the other app.  Again, less than a minute or two later, I got another alert saying it was approved.

Note that the banking info wasn't set for one of those apps, but I was able to set it after it was approved.

Hope this helps....

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I heard back from someone at Facebook and they said I had only generated 2 impressions for the test ads which I know I had done 6. Yesterday I tried to create more using the hash testing method but only one showed up out of 19 requests even though I received a test ad each time. So at this point I am not sure if it is the their system or the plugin that is incorrectly working but I think it is their system.

Here is the person who contacted me back: cathy.audnet [@] fb [.] com but I had originally contacted them using the email that Danny provided.

Cathy has also contacted me yesterday but the problem did not get resolved. On my dashboard, I can definitely see requests from app but only one got filled and there is no impression. I have not heard from her since.

Just to add.  There seems to be some changes to the Ads description. Apparently only one request is required.  However, my app is still not approved.  :(

You're currently testing your Facebook ad placements, so only the administrators and developers of this app or mobile website will see Facebook ads. Once your app or site sends us one request, we'll check that it complies with our policies, which may take a few business days. When your placements are approved, we'll let you know and automatically start showing ads to everyone.

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]