[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook Audience Network Approval Process
Started by Falcon777 Jan 30 2016 02:45 PM

- - - - -
55 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Falcon777

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just started integrating Facebook Audience Network into my app using the new plugin.  However, I am a bit confused on how to get the live ads.  Do we need to submit an app to Facebook for review because I do not see an option for that?  My app is already receiving test ads from Facebook.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

My app says it is “public and available to all users” and has made thousands of a ad requests but is not receiving and ads. Under “Audience Network” it still says the app is “currently testing your Facebook ad placements”. This is been going on for 5 days. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Mike,

Where is this message? In Facebook's portal? In a console log produced by your own Corona app, on your device?

Brent

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent

Those messages are in the Facebook portal. 

I just went live with my app because I could not get the device hash ID to show up which is needed if you want to see test ads. In the Facebook portal it shows I received thousands of ad requests over the last 5 days so I know the code is working. It is unclear from the Corona docs and the info in the Facebook portal how the process works. Is it mandatory that I get the device hash ID and do test ads to get the service to work?

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Mike

Did you receive any alert from Facebook regarding Audience Network?  I have yet to receive any after 5 days.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Mike,

Can you confirm that you are not passing any hash ID stuff to the plugin APIs? That is only necessary for testing ads before you're ready to release. If your app is already in market, you don't need any of that.

Brent

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent

I have never passed the hash because I could never find it. The only thing I have ever passed is the Facebook ID for the app.

Is it mandatory that I get the device hash ID and do test ads to get the service to work?

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777

I have not received any alerts from Facebook regarding the Audience Network and it has been about 5 days for me also.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

No, the device hash ID is solely for testing on your device(s). It sounds like your issue is on the Facebook side somewhere.

Brent

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent

The reason I was winding if test ads are mandatory is from the info on the Facebook portal  (see statement below). What do you get from the statement?

+++

Ads Only Visible to Admins and Developers

You're currently testing your Facebook ad placements, so only the administrators and developers of this app or mobile website will see Facebook ads. Once your app or site serves 5 ads, we'll check that it complies with our policies, which may take a few business days. When your placements are approved, we'll let you know and automatically start showing ads to everyone.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent

The reason I was winding if test ads are mandatory is from the info on the Facebook portal  (see statement below). What do you get from the statement?

+++

Ads Only Visible to Admins and Developers

You're currently testing your Facebook ad placements, so only the administrators and developers of this app or mobile website will see Facebook ads. Once your app or site serves 5 ads, we'll check that it complies with our policies, which may take a few business days. When your placements are approved, we'll let you know and automatically start showing ads to everyone.

Hi Mike

I have the same message on my Facebook portal.  I am able to get the device hash ID from the console and have incorporated it for testing.  However, that doesn't seem to help much as my current state is the same as yours.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent

How do we get the app to serve 5 ads?

The portal shows me that I am getting ad requests but it is not showing any.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

@Mike, long time no see.

It is my understanding that they won't show live ads until they approve your app in their portal. Although that statement seems to contradict what I've read.

One thing you'll need to do is to sign into the Facebook app on your device using your developer credentials. I believe that this is how they track the amount of ads served.

For what is worth, Facebook seem to be open to pre-approving people's apps for live ads, if you contact them via the live ads application form at the portal.

I'll investigate this further and see if I can gather some more information.

Hope this helps

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Danny and/or @Brent

Once I loaded the Facebook app on the device and logged in I started getting a message in the console that it loaded an ad but nothing was showing up. So I am not sure what is going on.

Also after testing the app a bunch I have received the error message below on many occasions which makes me think that the Facebook Audience Network plugin in not stable. The error happens every other time I launch the app.

02-03 10:57:58.990  4075  5032 I Corona  : Facebook Audience Network event: initialization successful
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : ERROR: Runtime error
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : java.lang.NullPointerException
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : Java Stack Trace:
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : plugin.fbAudienceNetwork.LuaLoader$load.invoke(LuaLoader.java:1137)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.JavaToNativeShim.nativeRender(Native Method)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.JavaToNativeShim.render(JavaToNativeShim.java:179)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.Controller.updateRuntimeState(Controller.java:323)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.CoronaGLSurfaceView$CoronaRenderer.onDrawFrame(CoronaGLSurfaceView.java:421)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1623)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1378)
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : stack traceback:
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : [C]: in function 'load'
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : ?: in function 'showAd'
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : ?: in function '?'
02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : ?: in function 'repeatFunction'

02-03 10:58:04.435  4075  5032 I Corona  : ?: in function 'method' 

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

Does the plugin only work on devices that have the Facebook app?

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

@Mike. The issue you raised was just fixed today I believe. 

The plugin will work on devices (in a live environment) regardless of whether the user has the Facebook app installed or not, once FB have approved your app for live Ads of course.

Mike, please send me an email (danny@coronalabs.com) and let's make sure everything is ok.

Thanks

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Danny

I just did a new build using the latest daily and the error seems to have gone away.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

@Danny

I just did a new build using the latest daily and the error seems to have gone away.

@Mike, great.

When running on the corona simulator, if you do:

print("FAN: Version:",  fbAudienceNetwork.version)

You should get back "1.1". That version fixes some issues. Good thing to remember for future builds, so you can check the plugins version number. Just note that this property is only available when testing on the Corona sim.

Cheers

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

Many thanks to Danny for helping me through my issues which ended up being user error. I was incorrectly using fbAudienceNetwork.show( adUnitType, placementID ).

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Many thanks to Danny for helping me through my issues which ended up being user error. I was incorrectly using fbAudienceNetwork.show( adUnitType, placementID ).

Hi Mike

Are you able to see live ads already?

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 253 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777 

Yes... I received an email and an alert in the Facebook portal letting me know that my app was approved.

Has your app been approved yet?

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Falcon777 

Yes... I received an email and an alert in the Facebook portal letting me know that my app was approved.

Has your app been approved yet?

Not yet.  I am not sure if I am missing any steps.  Do we need to fill in anything on the Facebook Portal for it to get approved?  Also do we have to test it without the device hash?  I already seeing Facebook test app banner appearing on my device.

ubj3d.android

ubj3d.android
  • Contributor

• 741 posts
  • Corona SDK

Not sure I got it how the approval works.

You have to publish the game without test device hash and then wait for facebook to test the game and aprove it?

In the meantime your game does not serve ads to the users???

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 407 posts
  • Corona SDK

Not sure I got it how the approval works.

You have to publish the game without test device hash and then wait for facebook to test the game and aprove it?

In the meantime your game does not serve ads to the users???

I did not see anywhere in which we can include the app url so I am curious how Facebook actually review the app.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

You definitely wouldn't publish the game without FB approving you for live ads first.

In my experience developing the plugin, I filled in the application form on the portal. It asks for the urls to your apps on the request form.

I didn't fill them in, as naturally I was not doing this for an app. I completed the form and was contacted within a day after by a FB representative. They told me they could pre-approve live ads for me, so i could test.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't do the same for you guys.

That being said, I'll try and get some links of interest, and more info when I'm back at my computer.

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]