[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Strange Build Output
Started by matt405 Nov 19 2015 08:39 AM

- - - - -
1 reply to this topic

Best Answer matt405 , 19 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

Sorry guys, my fault. Fell foul of he case sensitive bug in the Windows corona simulator. Can't believe I did not check it.

For reference, the Windows simulator is not case sensitive for directories. My image assets are in a folder called "Images". I referenced an asset in this folder with the directory "image". The Windows simulator runs fine with this difference in case, but Android device does not.

Interesting the Apple simulator is case sensitive for directory reference. It would be good if the Windows Corona SDK was consistent in this area... Anyway, sorted!

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

matt405

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
matt405
  • Contributor

• 173 posts
  • Corona SDK

Guys, I am scratching my head on this one. I have a project that has built lots of time in the past fine. However today, after doing some work I needed to test it on a device. So, using Windows, I ran the simulator, built for Android and copied onto the machine. Now the simulator is running fine, however when the project is started on the device some of the image assets are missing? I did the build twice, both times the same result. On some pages, the new image assets are not there.

Has anyone ever come across this before? Never happened to me (and I must have built projects a hundred times over the last 12 months). Is there an issue on the build server where assets may not be transferred?

I am going to later download the latest corona simulator, reboot my machine and try a clean build to see if that fixes it.

[TOPIC: post.html]

matt405

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
matt405
  • Contributor

• 173 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Sorry guys, my fault. Fell foul of he case sensitive bug in the Windows corona simulator. Can't believe I did not check it.

For reference, the Windows simulator is not case sensitive for directories. My image assets are in a folder called "Images". I referenced an asset in this folder with the directory "image". The Windows simulator runs fine with this difference in case, but Android device does not.

Interesting the Apple simulator is case sensitive for directory reference. It would be good if the Windows Corona SDK was consistent in this area... Anyway, sorted!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]