[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

tvOS & Apple TV
Started by PXL artificer Sep 09 2015 05:09 PM

121 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 5 of 5 3 4 5
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

noeguer

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
noeguer
  • Contributor

• 265 posts
  • Corona SDK

i have downloaded v. 2777 but I can't see any option to build for tvos.

What we have to do?

EDIT MYSELF:

1 Close corona, go to aplications/utilities/terminal
2 Paste this:

defaults write com.coronalabs.Corona_Simulator enableTVOSBuild -bool YES

3 Enjoy

noeguer

noeguer
  • Contributor

• 265 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am trying to build pewpew for tvos simulator but it doesn't launch the tv simulator. What am i missing? I have appletv 1080 simulator in Xcode, The demo works ok in corona simulator but it doesnt launch on tv simulator.

Server dir name: PewPew.app

nov 27 02:35:21.210 Server app name: PewPew (local name: PewPew)

nov 27 02:35:21.210 Creating Info.plist...

nov 27 02:35:21.211 Application version information:

nov 27 02:35:21.211     Version: 1.0 [CFBundleShortVersionString] (not set)

nov 27 02:35:21.212       Build: 1 [CFBundleVersion] (not set)

nov 27 02:35:21.212 Building: Copying app resources

nov 27 02:35:21.212 Excluding specified files from build: 

nov 27 02:35:21.212    excluding: Icon-*dpi.png

nov 27 02:35:21.212    excluding: *.ogg

nov 27 02:35:21.213 tvOS build succeeded

nov 27 02:35:21.460 Running '/Users/noeguerreroponce/Desktop/PewPew.app' on Xcode tvOS Simulator - Apple TV 1080p / tvOS 9.0 (58668EZB-D31C-42FA-B88E-A3562957C344)

nov 27 02:35:21.749 2015-11-27 14:35:21.748 Corona Simulator[63072:1124024] launchTaskAndReturnOutput: exception launch path not accessible (/Applications/CoronaSDK-2777/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/xcode-sim.sh (

nov 27 02:35:21.750     "58668EZB-D31C-42FA-B88E-A3562957C344",

nov 27 02:35:21.750     "/Users/noeguerreroponce/Desktop/PewPew.app"

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

I seem to be getting the same message with 2775. You might want to drop back a couple of builds and see if its any better. I've only been testing on device so I've not been using the Xcode simulator. I'll let engineering know.

Rob

Perry Clarke

Perry Clarke

• 850 posts
  • Corona Staff

This should be fixed in Daily Build 2015.2778 or later (when it's available).

akao

akao
  • Contributor

• 348 posts
  • Corona SDK

Not sure if this is off-topic, but FYI - Touch Arcade just came out with an article on poor sales on Apple TV: 

http://toucharcade.com/2015/12/07/apple-tv-app-store-games-making-100-dollars-a-day/

Anyone has seen/heard/experienced any other data point on this? 

redninjacat

redninjacat
  • Contributor

• 196 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey akao, I saw that article too. Although I think the author makes some good points, I also strongly believe that he is jumping the gun. Indeed, Apple is not pushing their new TV nearly as strongly as their other products. As can be inferred from the article, it is not reasonable to expect to get millions of downloads on tvOS. Virtually everyone owns a personal phone and many of those are iPhones. That is a huge market. tvOS can never reach that level of user base. On the other hand, tvOS is brand new, and, unfortunately it's packaging is virtually identical to it's predecessor, AppleTV sans apps. In fact, during recent trips to my local Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot, I observed that they are still stocking an pushing the old AppleTV. If this is how it's done across the country, of course the tvOS market share is low! This will change. Apple very seldom abandons products and there is no reason for them to abandon this one. All that said, I hope that every developer that reads that article or others like it decides to abandon the platform. That will mean less competition for my apps! ;-)

jrobi772

jrobi772
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

I tried to upload the binary into the Apple Store for the TestFlight with the latest build 2791. They send this email:

Invalid Bundle - This app includes files that were built with bitcode enabled but without doing an Archive or Install build, possibly from a library or framework that was imported but not built as part of the project. Full bitcode content is only generated in an Archive or Install build.

Can i fix this?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

I don't think this is something you can fix unless you drop back a couple of daily builds. You can try with 2793 too.

Rob

jrobi772

jrobi772
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

I don't think this is something you can fix unless you drop back a couple of daily builds. You can try with 2793 too.

Rob

The upload was succes with 2794, added into the test flight. But across the test flight won't run the game, if i upload it across the USB cable directly to the device run normal. I'm attached the log, but not too usefull:

ec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Error>:  SecTrustEvaluate  [leaf CheckLeafMarkerOid]Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: MIS: Using empty blacklist.
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: #T:[Main] #Notice #PBAppLaunchLog : Process Manager launching com.robi.casadvhd, from: com.apple.HeadBoard, foreground: com.apple.HeadBoard, focused: com.apple.HeadBoard, switcherActive: NO 
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: #T:[Main] #Notice #PBAppLaunchLog : Configure for Launch new App 
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: #T:[Main] #Notice #PBAppLaunchLog : Transition Controller from: com.apple.HeadBoard, to: com.robi.casadvhd, switcher: NO, app running: NO 
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV kernel[0] <Notice>: xpcproxy[180] Container: /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/898CFD95-F029-40C7-9021-5A33B534ACD3 (sandbox)
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.robi.casadvhd[0xdad1][180]) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.robi.casadvhd[0xdad1]' exited voluntarily.
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: #T:[0x16e477000] #Notice #SYSTEM : PBServiceProviderRegistry: clearing endpoints {com.robi.casadvhd} 
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV UserEventAgent[23] <Warning>: 31314660259: id=com.robi.casadvhd pid=180, state=0
Dec 18 09:35:36 Apple-TV PineBoard[46] <Notice>: #T:[Main] #Notice #PBAppLaunchLog : Process Manager launching com.apple.HeadBoard, from: com.apple.HeadBoard, foreground: com.apple.PineBoard, focused: com.apple.HeadBoard, switcherActive: NO 

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

Might want to try with 2795. We've moved

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 251 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have tried a bunch of daily builds but all get rejected. Several weeks ago I submitted a tvOS app and it went through and the only difference is I am trying to use the AppLovin plugin this time. What daily build should I use or when will this issue be fixed?

Daily builds I have tried are: 2795, 2802, 2810, 2818, 2830

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

I went back and tried to understand what the problem is. The thing discussed above was fixed a while back. 2830 is very stable. Mike, can you restate the problem you are having? Most of the discussion above had to do with TestFlight. If Apple is rejecting you, I didn't get that from anything in recent posts above.

When you say rejected, are you taking about after waiting a week for a human to evaluate your submission? Or is Application Loader failing to load the project and spitting errors back at you? Or are you unable to use TestFlight??

Rob

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 251 posts
  • Corona SDK

The application upload is a success but when they process it they reject it and send me the below email:

Invalid Bundle - This app includes files that were built with bitcode enabled but without doing an Archive or Install build, possibly from a library or framework that was imported but not built as part of the project. Full bitcode content is only generated in an Archive or Install build.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,527 posts
  • Enterprise

What do you mean by "when they process it"? After application loader finishes? An email generated within a few hours of uploading, or a rejection message from the evaluation team a week or so later after going "into review"?

Rob

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 251 posts
  • Corona SDK

After application loader finishes I get an email within a few hours of uploading.

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 251 posts
  • Corona SDK

This issue seems to be just with tvOS builds because I just released a regular iOS build that went through using daily build 2830.

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

@Mike

Let me look at the Applovin TvOS plugin to make sure the bitcode settings are in order.

I'll report back soon

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 654 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hello, Mike

Thanks for your feedback. 

What plugins do you include into your tvOS app?

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 251 posts
  • Corona SDK

@vlads

The AppLovin and iCloud plugins.

marksumarksu

marksumarksu
  • Enthusiast

• 42 posts
  • Enterprise

Just adding to this real quick: I got the same error on uploading the binary, using only the Applovin plugin. So that is definitely the culprit :)

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hey guys.

I've pushed up the bitcode fix for the Applovin plugin, and it should be available to you within 1~2 hours when it makes its way to our plugin server.

Thanks for the report.

marksumarksu

marksumarksu
  • Enthusiast

• 42 posts
  • Enterprise

Thanks, seems to be working now!

[topic_controls]
« Page 5 of 5 3 4 5

[/topic_controls]