[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Amazon FireTV / GameCircle issues with Leaderboard.OpenOverlay and Leaderboard.GetScores
Started by r.delia Jan 02 2015 11:34 PM

2 replies to this topic
amazon fire firetv fire stick gamecircle leaderboard
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

r.delia

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
r.delia
  • Contributor

• 139 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have had success logging in, and posting scores to a leader board, but when I call

globals.gamecircle.Leaderboard.OpenOverlay("Ard_High_Scores")

A windows opens for a fraction of a second, with my leaderboard icon graphic, then closes. Almost too fast to see...

As an alternative, I tried using gamecircle.Leaderboard.GetScores("Ard_High_Scores") , but when I try to print the variable that comes back from the event handler (using the pretty printer packaged with coronium.io) , my App crashes.

Has anyone else dealt with these issues?  

r.delia

r.delia
  • Contributor

• 139 posts
  • Corona SDK

Update -

The leader board overlay call started working ealier today.  I think it took some time (~12 hours in my case)  to  propagate through the system properly.  I also tried the GetScores() call, and it still crashes the app.

jesse_busch

jesse_busch
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Enterprise

The plugin was never tested to work with FireTV, so I don't know if that different platform might be causing your issue. Do you have an Android mobile device you can test it with to see if you get a different behavior? Also, can you provide anything like the crash log to help in the debug process? 

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]