[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

#ShipJam - What will you ship?
Started by roaminggamer Dec 16 2014 11:53 AM

- - - - -
26 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

roaminggamer

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 4,474 posts
  • Enterprise

Hello all.  This is just quick post to encourage every Corona developer to consider entering the #ShipJam game jam.  

The concept (a brainchild of Laura Tallardy and Eric Kinkead) is a simple one:

If you have at least one unfinished game / app / prototype, why not take some time and polish it up, then submit it before the end of the year.  

The goal here is to ship something, not necessarily to ship something perfect.  Like any thing else, the more practice you have at shipping products, but better (and faster) you will get at it.  

As motivation, you can enter your submission to the #ShipJam and be eligible for prizes, accolades, and respect from your peers.

If you are like me, you probably have a huge bone-pile of partially finished work.  

So, join Laura, Eric, Me, and all the others who will be shipping a game or app by the end of the year!

#ShipJam

Lava Level

Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 244 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hmm... 

Yeah my bone pile is large.  I think that this one of all my side projects has the best potential to be completed.

House of Peasant!

sourceHoP.PNG

r.delia

r.delia
  • Contributor

• 139 posts
  • Corona SDK

After much internal struggle about time, and holidays, and self doubt, i'm In!

I am going with: Ard: The Elementalist Wizard, the game I did for GigJam48 :)

I have not touched it in ages, so I will be starting from here:

graphics2upgradeNeeded.png

And working my way back to the functionality I had in the video :)

Good luck all!  #shipJam

batgirl717111

batgirl717111
  • Enthusiast

• 80 posts
  • Corona SDK

lol! im also going to be finishing my GIGJam game, Gold Mining Mania :)

it hasn't been touched since the midnight on the last day of GIGjam- so it'll probably need a G2.0 conversion. also, it was a 48 hour jam, so there were a few bugs, the graphics were simple (although i got a lot of feedback and will keep some of the look) and i didn't get to implement a few other features i wanted to.

i also barely remember the game, lol, so i'll  have to dig out the old notes and figure out what the heck i was coding. it was a while ago, and my other code from this era generally needs some editing/polishing up ;)

i also want to add in better scoring, facebook and twitter connectivity. i might have to tweak the gameplay a little bit. honestly i barely remember the game, it was like a thousand projects ago, haha. but i will ship it!

HEY

anyone who hasn't joined yet

THERE IS OVER $1500 WORTH OF PRIZES RIGHT NOW

and it's FREE TO ENTER

its INSANE

join up!!

http://www.shipjam.com

J. A. Whye

J. A. Whye
  • Corona Geek

• 1,677 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm going with Robotronish, an arcade game inspired by the old Robotron game. I started it after watching a documentary on the original game. Got the main "proof of concept" working a while back then moved on to other projects.

But I'm going to ship that before the end of the year! :)

Jay

robotronishscreenshot.png

batgirl717111

batgirl717111
  • Enthusiast

• 80 posts
  • Corona SDK

whooops changed my mind. i made it partially into gold mining mania and realized the code is a hot mess (surprise! it was a 48 hour game jam). i started untangling it then got all wistful about the game i really wanted to make, arctic adventure! it's a resource management/arctic exploration survival game.  i've been working on it intermittantly throughout 2014- it's been my "weekend" hobby game, when i'm not working on official releases i'd tinker with this. it's gotten pretty far, you can play it though, it works on a device and i've had a few friends test it. anyway it's a lot further along that gold mining mania so i'm gonna switch over.

sorry, miners!

congrats, arctic adventurers! :D

raptoruvgames

raptoruvgames
  • Observer

• 3 posts
  • Enterprise

Our forgotten game since May

B5fdLQbCEAAhTSv.png

#MisionTierra2040

playhousegamesuk

playhousegamesuk
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi peeps,

I'm going with the recently named 'Hipster Flyby'. I've had a demo of this game for ages, it's a simple concept and at this stage I'm not adding any more in. Just going to get it shipped (before the end of the year!).

Good luck y'all!

Thanks

Matt

HIPSTER_SCREENSHOT_1.pngHIPSTER_SCREENSHOT_2.png

mitsik

mitsik
  • Observer

• 17 posts
  • Corona SDK

hi,

here is my progress,

game's prototype was done few month ago, but I didn't have time for level editor and graphics. shipjam motivates me to get this game done. 

loves_maze_screenshot.png

Thanks

ChunkyApps

ChunkyApps
  • Contributor

• 221 posts
  • Corona SDK

I actually got the Google Play version of my game Fantasy Night Football shipped! Woohoo!! Thank you #ShipJam!

And I just uploaded the iOS version for review as well.

Please check out the Google version - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chunkybits.fnfootball.a

playhousegamesuk

playhousegamesuk
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

Great game ChunkyApps - very slick! Good stuff!

You can now also download 10 levels of Hipster Flyby (fixes needed already, I'm learning : ) Hipster entrepreneur Hugo de la Mare's vineyards have been infested by the dreaded Vino Virus that's swept across all of his wine estates halting production of his award winning Pinot Noir.

Help Hugo defeat the terrible virus in his bomb dropping vintage flyer and once again see the production of one of the worlds finest wines.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.playhousegamesuk.hipsterflyby

iOS version now in for review as well.

Have a great New Years!

Mike Hempfling

Mike Hempfling
  • Contributor

• 245 posts
  • Corona SDK

Finished my game Bouncy Buddha and submitted to the app stores. It was kinda cool having the extra motivation of the #shipjam contest. Going to do the ad supported version next.

The Google Play and Amazon version links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cravecreative.buddhabounce

You can check more of my apps on my web site:

Happy Holidays!  :)

mitsik

mitsik
  • Observer

• 17 posts
  • Corona SDK

raptoruvgames

raptoruvgames
  • Observer

• 3 posts
  • Enterprise

Our game MisionTierra concluded in a very good way to improve your gameplay and way of seeing things, had a horizontal gameplay to classic arcade landscape mode

This is a promo of the game:

here is our website where they can find more information from the game http://www.raptoruvg.com.mx/misi%C3%B3ntierra/

here is the link to download our game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raptoruvg.misiontierra2040&hl=es

mirko.dular

mirko.dular
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

I finished my game. I change game name from Green Memory to Blue Memory.

Happy New Year 2015.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 21,575 posts
  • Corona Staff

Even though I can't compete, doesn't mean I can't participate.  This motivated me to dust off one of my old projects....

I had started a "Find My Car" app a while back and actually needed it the other night.  I know there are bunches of them already, but at least this is "mine".

No screen shots yet,  I started this in the Graphics 1/Storyboard/Widget 1 days so I had to update it to today's Corona SDK.  Its a 3 screen tabView app.  Tab 1 is the navigation app which has a native.newMapView and a button... "Remember my car".  Once you press it, it pins your location on the map and changes the button to "Find my car".  It also starts an elapsed time clock.  When you are ready, you press "Find my car" and it starts providing you distance and direction information in addition to the map.  Then when you find your car, you press the "I found it" button and it stops all the listeners.

The second tab has a parking meter reminder.  You can put in the amount of time on your meter and how much time to be reminded and it sets a local notification to remind you that it's time to beat foot back to you car.  The third tab is the settings tab to select your choice of feet or meters.  Eventually the In App Purchases buttons will be there.

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 4,474 posts
  • Enterprise

First, I want to say congrats to everyone who got  something shipped.  You guys and gals rock!  

Second, I can see I'm not going to make it.

Things I have:

• Boring stuff like (a working menu system, ads, IAP, ...),
  • Good stuff like (the player and player mechanics, camera control w/ parallax, a level buider, ...)

Things I am missing:

• Level generation
  • Several enemies
  • Enemy generation

The parallax is very subtle and a bit hard to see in the video.  :(

I will continue to plug away and post a link when it really does ship.  Meanwhile, congratulations once again to everyone else!

Edited by roaminggamer, 31 December 2014 - 05:41 PM.

r.delia

r.delia
  • Contributor

• 139 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow! Congrats to all the folks who participated!  This theme hits close to home for a lot of us!

I have uploaded  'Ard: The Elemental Wizard' to both the Amazon and Play stores. 

Google Play: (not yet active as of 12/31/2014 5:59pm)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stinkykitties.ard&hl=en

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/S-K-Studios-LLC-Ard-Elemental/dp/B00RNKOXQC

iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ard-the-elemental-wizard/id954751977?mt=8

B&N , Microsoft : (Maybe I'll do those later :) )

Game play is similar to the above video, but a lot has changed under the hood:

* Levels!!!

* Bitmap Font Support  (Thanks autismuk!)

* Upgraded spine / animations to 2.1 

* Amazon Fire TV remote integration with GGController (Thanks Guys!)

* storyboard to composer upgrade

* graphics 2.0 upgrade

* AdBuddiz integration for Google Play

* Some new sounds from freesounds.org

I'm on the fence about putting in facebook, twitter, gamecenter, and all that. I'd rather spend time making the game better...

*update 1-21-2014:

Available on Amazon and Apple's app store as well!

Added game center / came circle, and game services leader boards (pending update review)

J. A. Whye

J. A. Whye
  • Corona Geek

• 1,677 posts
  • Corona SDK

Argh! I didn't make it. A paid (kind of overdue) project got the focus instead.

Next time will be the one where I dominate! Next time, I tell you!

Jay

mirko.dular

mirko.dular
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

Lava Level

Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 244 posts
  • Corona SDK

So I got my App submitted. I think I might be the only non game App in the group, not sure.

I had around 11 unfinished prototypes to choose from. I think I picked and plucked through each one, finally decided to go with this app...

Pixel Camera

PixelCamera_Screenshots.png

The App works best on phone, and to my horror... I have bugs on iPad. Mainly because the app can rotate any direction and it redraws the hud, etc. However the iPad can start an app in Landscape (phones dont let you do this since they never go landscape in the OS mode) so it throws off my app if you start it sideways on an iPad. :P

I was wondering... now that it is submitted, I can edit things before the actual review guys/gals at Apple take a look at it.(Like keywords, description, price and screenshots) I was wondering if there was a way to make it NOT Universal (phone only) until I get this fixed?  Is that possible now that it is submitted without taking down the build and resubmitting (because I won't do that if that's the only option).  

I can't seem to find where in iTunes I can set my app for Universal/Phone/Pad. Any one got any ideas?

Anyrate, it's a camera app that lets you use Corona's Filters in realtime, save the image to your photo library, and if you exit to the main menu you can tweet the image from the app @PixelCamera. Pretty neat app I think.

But I would like to especially thank Laura for putting so much work into this Jam. And thanks to the judges for taking the time to look over our apps.  Everyone who entered won, because all who participated... 

...WE NOW HAVE AN APP RELEASED and ready for the new year!! 

Things like this I believe are very important to Corona as a development community and I enjoy them very much. I look forward to playing and seeing a lot of the work from you all. 

The new year is off to a great start! 
(now if I could only figure out how to change my avatar pic. :P )

Kyle Coburn

Kyle Coburn
  • Contributor

• 146 posts
  • Corona SDK

Congrats on shipping guys! This was a fun idea - definitely helped motivate me to get to the finish line with an app through the holiday busyness. I submitted "Chess - Play with Friends" once iTunes Connect reopened, so fingers crossed it'll be launching soon for Android/iOS. App preview (24s):

I contributed one of my favorite modules to come out of the project to the codebase, called MorphingLabel. It performs a subtle animation when changing the text of labels: http://code.coronalabs.com/code/morphinglabel

morph.gif

Happy new year!

Lava Level

Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 244 posts
  • Corona SDK

oh cool Kyle! I love chess! I will be checking this out for sure! I too shipped through iTunes when the holiday break for them was over. I am in day 7 of waiting for review. Looks sweet! Great job shipping for ShipJam!

Vladislav Avrutin

Vladislav Avrutin
  • Observer

• 7 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

I'd like to present you ×2∙DOUBLES - a game that is a #shipjam contestant and that wasn't finished in time unfortunately.

Download it on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2-doubles/id955820422?mt=8

My app is finally finished, so, this result is the main #shipjam result for me :)
Thanks to all who made #shipjam happen!

Vladislav Avrutin from AVRUTA s.r.o.

Kyle Coburn

Kyle Coburn
  • Contributor

• 146 posts
  • Corona SDK

Congrats on finishing it though Vladislav!

And cheers Lava, hope review went smoothly for you. Unfortunately I ran into a new (to me) rule - they requested I remove the requirement to register before using the app. So I had to work that in, but at least the app is better for it now, I think.

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]