[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How to activate "Optimized for iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus"
Started by ingemar Oct 10 2014 08:15 PM

92 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

DragonGameStudio

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
DragonGameStudio
  • Enthusiast

• 65 posts
  • Corona SDK

its okay rob i just download the zip from avlepel

and its showing image now

thanks avlepel

steve_capie

steve_capie
  • Observer

• 24 posts
  • Corona SDK

I noticed that in order to submit my v1.1 update to my app, Apple was now requiring screen shots for both iPhone 6 and 6 plus devices.  I used screen shots that I had taken for the iPhone 5 running on IOS simulator and then used Pixelmator  to resize the screen shots to proper sizes for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.  This worked and when my v1.1 version got approved I also noticed that I now had the optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus labels as well.

dfoxinator

dfoxinator
  • Enthusiast

• 49 posts
  • Enterprise

I noticed that in order to submit my v1.1 update to my app, Apple was now requiring screen shots for both iPhone 6 and 6 plus devices.  I used screen shots that I had taken for the iPhone 5 running on IOS simulator and then used Pixelmator  to resize the screen shots to proper sizes for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.  This worked and when my v1.1 version got approved I also noticed that I now had the optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus labels as well.

Good catch! I can confirm too with a recent update of one of my games, it switched to optimized for iPhone 6/6 Plus without any additional changes. Meaning Apple has fixed the issue and launch images work fine again for making the app optimized, as they should.

thedavebaxter

thedavebaxter
  • Contributor

• 559 posts
  • Corona SDK

What size should the 3 images be that we drop into xCode ?

I got it all working fine but can't get the loading screen images to look right, they have white space at the top of the screen.

Dave

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,675 posts
  • Enterprise

If you want your image to be full screen, you may need to adjust the imageview in the storyboard to do so.  This really isn't designed to be a means of showing static images.  Its really about either building a launch screen that mimics the first screen the use sees or drop a simple logo into the middle of the screen and let Apple's storyboard make it fit the different screens.

So your image should be whatever you need to make it look right at 320px, 640px, 960px wide.

thedavebaxter

thedavebaxter
  • Contributor

• 559 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yeah my first screen is the title screen, so was trying to use that as the loading screen as well.

Dave

sunmils

sunmils
  • Contributor

• 197 posts
  • Corona SDK

Does this mean, that it is not longer necessary to add the nib file to get the  optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus labels? 

dislam

dislam
  • Contributor

• 200 posts
  • Corona SDK

I use this launch screen procedure mainly because I noticed the iOS leaderboards and dialog boxes get scaled properly on the iPhone 6 Plus as a result.

However, in Xcode 7 there is no longer a LaunchScreen.xib created by the project, it uses a LaunchScreen.storyboard instead. So I don't know how to create the NIB with the ibtool command, as the storyboard file doesn't create a functional LaunchScreen.nib.

thedavebaxter

thedavebaxter
  • Contributor

• 559 posts
  • Corona SDK

Does this mean, that it is not longer necessary to add the nib file to get the  optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus labels? 

I uploaded a new app yesterday and it said my app is compatible with iPhone 6 and 6+ and I had to supply screenshots. I didn't do anything special that I can think of apart from the launch screens Default-568h@2x, Default-667h@2x and Default-736h@2x (all PNGs)

Dave

dislam

dislam
  • Contributor

• 200 posts
  • Corona SDK

I uploaded a new app yesterday and it said my app is compatible with iPhone 6 and 6+ and I had to supply screenshots. I didn't do anything special that I can think of apart from the launch screens Default-568h@2x, Default-667h@2x and Default-736h@2x (all PNGs)

Dave

Do you use iOS Game Center or the regular iOS message boxes?  They are not scaled properly on the iPhone 6 Plus if you don't use a LaunchScreen.nib.

I'm using Xcode 7 and I am unable to create a NIB anymore because Xcode 7 uses a .storyboard file rather than .xib

thedavebaxter

thedavebaxter
  • Contributor

• 559 posts
  • Corona SDK

Do you use iOS Game Center or the regular iOS message boxes?  They are not scaled properly on the iPhone 6 Plus if you don't use a LaunchScreen.nib.

I'm using Xcode 7 and I am unable to create a NIB anymore because Xcode 7 uses a .storyboard file rather than .xib

I don't use Game Center and don't think any message boxes. The app will pop up asking for use of the camera but think that's more iOS than Corona.

Dave

dislam

dislam
  • Contributor

• 200 posts
  • Corona SDK

I don't use Game Center and don't think any message boxes. The app will pop up asking for use of the camera but think that's more iOS than Corona.

Dave

OK. I hope someone has a solution for this issue however, i.e. how to produce a NIB file with Xcode 7.

dislam

dislam
  • Contributor

• 200 posts
  • Corona SDK

OK, I have found a workaround in Xcode 7.   Since I can't figure out how to change the storyboard file into a XIB file, I simply imported a working XIB file from another project into my current project.  Here's what I did:

1) With the project open in Xcode, I went to the project file browser (left pane), right-clicked and selected "Add files to <project name>.  Then selected the XIB I wanted.  

2) The above step doesn't make a copy of the XIB, so it's still in its original spot in the old project.  So, I had to make a copy of it by going to the menu bar, File --> Duplicate and then set it to my current project's Base.lproj folder.   Afterwards I deleted the reference to the old XIB (not the file!) by right-clicking on it in the project folder pane and selecting Delete.

3) I was able to use "ibtool --compile LaunchScreen.nib LaunchScreen.xib" successfully, and moved this new NIB file to my Corona project folder.

ubj3d.android

ubj3d.android
  • Contributor

• 741 posts
  • Corona SDK

What is the status of this?

Do we still have to do this manually?

Will Corona ever make this automatic?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,675 posts
  • Enterprise

Add a feature request at http://feedback.coronalabs.com and get it voted up.

This is something that will take a lot of work for minimal gain and something that has a reasonable work around. It won't be high on the todo list, but if enough people vote it up, who knows.

Rob

sunmils

sunmils
  • Contributor

• 197 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there a official document for the needed steps to get all content (gamecenter etc.) scaled correct on iPhone 6+?

I couldn't find anything.

Thanks! 

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,675 posts
  • Enterprise

There shouldn't be anything special with regards to getting GameCenter, etc. scaled correctly.

Rob

sunmils

sunmils
  • Contributor

• 197 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sorry, my english isn't the best. 

You mean, that we have just to provide the launch screen images, and no nib file, to get the splash screen and everything correct scaled on all devices?

What did you mean with the "reasonable workaround"?

I tried to get the information from the above posts, but I didn't got it.

[topic_controls]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4

[/topic_controls]