After putting together my first business app (and first app) using Corona and Composer GUI, I've added a couple of items to my wish list for Composer GUI. Here are a few of my favorite things I'd love to see make it in to Composer GUI before it hits production...
- Set a grid and snap to grid for placing objects more consistently aligned on the screen.
- Snap to screen edges and centers and other asset edges when moving objects around.
- Align multiple objects left/center/right/top/middle/bottom.
- A tighter tie-in with config.lua, with the best world being an auto-generated config.lua coming out of Composer GUI for target devices the developer selects.
- Auto-generated build.settings for developer selected target devices and general parameters (e.g. orientation)
- Add widgets! Even if it's purely a placeholder for code later.
- Save As...
- Filenames shown under assets in the Asset Library. (I've a bunch of images that look alike)
For bonus points...
- Fix that bug before Yosemite goes live for the masses. Sucks to have to change to an older laptop to work with Composer GUI (I know, I know... it's an Apple bug)
- Hover over an asset in the Asset Library to see its filename, size etc.
What else? What are your favorite things you'd like in Composer GUI for business apps?