[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

game LAGS on physics collision
Started by whammy Jun 30 2014 03:59 AM

53 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Joshua Quick

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Joshua Quick

• 3,397 posts
  • Corona Staff

That's great!  Thank you so much for your patience and for taking the time to post your test results.

I didn't mean for it to take this long (achieving 60 FPS was quite challenging), but I think the performance improvements were worth it in the end.  :)

Regarding native UI framerate issues, I've only noticed serious framerate issues when giving a TextBox the keyboard focus or when pinch zooming a WebBrowser control.  Interestingly enough, giving a text field within a WebBrowser control keyboard focus does not cause a framerate issue.  It's really hit-or-miss.  But I suppose it's not that big of deal since you probably wouldn't display native UI during gameplay and only in static screens within Corona.

I'm currently working on the native/Lua bridge API now.  I expect to have it done by the end of this week (worst case).  Hopefully sooner.  Also, I still plan on looking into the "applicationSuspend" issue that you've mentioned with the Start/Home key.

whammy

whammy
  • Contributor

• 202 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yes, the extra time and your effort were definitely worth it! Thanks :-)

Joshua Quick

Joshua Quick

• 3,397 posts
  • Corona Staff

Olaf,

I just tested for the "applicationSuspend" issue you mentioned before where pressing the Start/Home button and then pressing Back doesn't always cause a suspend event to get raised.  It's always working for me.  I also tried pressing the Power button and Search button too.

Are you still able to reproduce this issue?

I'm kind of baffled as to what might be causing this.  The only thing that I can think of is that something crashed during the suspend, which Visual Studio's debugger should be able to catch.

Edit:

I'm testing this with our "Hardware\SystemEvent" sample project that is included with the Corona Simulator.

whammy

whammy
  • Contributor

• 202 posts
  • Corona SDK

OK, I've tested it again and it seems to be working fine now. I'm getting an applicationSuspend event every time I hit Start button.

Maybe the issue was caused by some bug from the previous build? Anyway, it's working now. Thanks.

[topic_controls]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]