[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Google Play Account Terminated
Started by MAS1 Jun 18 2014 11:49 PM

29 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

ksan

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

I think what Google should do is to tag the violating apps as unpublished, and contact the developer with the list of violating apps and explain the situation. If the developer still tries to publish them without proper modifications, only then, is a more drastic measure acceptable.

I think this would be a more than acceptable win-win outcome. 

nicholasclayg

nicholasclayg
  • Contributor

• 452 posts
  • Corona SDK

As a person who has already dealt with IP stuff, you are swimming in dangerous waters. Google play taking you off is a favor really, if a firm who represents any of those come after you then you have the makings of something bad. Once they see that you've offended and keep doing it, then it goes from "Remove this to avoid litigation" to "You have shown lack of respect to the brands which you have infringed and in due course bla bla bla" the hammer comes down. The lifetime ban, is harsh I agree. Some warnings about it would have been nice, I agree with that too. 

I formed a company and did everything under that, which I'm glad as it provided a layer of protection and was a VERY smart choice on my part. Hopefully that's the case here. I do agree that Google's way of just letting apps on the store is pretty silly, but also I think it's the developer who should know better than to deal with anything that has a potential on it. 

I've learned my lesson and until you really get served a notice or two and have to battle it out, it's not something you want ever. EVER. Google banning you is the easy part, dealing with multiple firms that represent the company is what you want to avoid.  Just letting you know my experience with it.

MAS1

MAS1
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

@nicholasclayg,

I take your points and I fully respect your perspective.

Having said that, I will most definitely not be removing those same quizzes (that got me banned from Google Play) from Amazon and iTunes. The Amazon and iTunes quizzes were approved by human reviewers and I am happy to run the risk that thousands of other developers are also running with the same types of quizzes on those stores.  :)

I did get to keep my AdMob account. Thanks Google - real nice of you!

But as for my Google Play account...

Best wishes - Martin.

reviewmyapp.com

reviewmyapp.com
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

hi , here you all seems to be little bit in tension as your account are suspended by google 

, i can help you with making new google play account.

so can catch me on skype or my mail : devduttc22@gmail.com

i would love to help you to make new account , will tell what all thing you need to keep in mind.

Little about my website 

this website is for those who want to promote there app on playstore and don't have revenue.

so its free for all. (www.reviewmyap.com)

MAS1

MAS1
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

@reviewmyapp.com

Not in tension at all. Didn't you see the Terminator link?

My account was not suspended. It was terminated.

Also, I am not stupid. Plenty of people have reported obtaining an illicit Google Play account after a ban only to have it terminated again after paying the account registration.

I will not be pursuing your offer under any conditions, even if it was for free.

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]