Photo

Adbuddiz is terrible!
Started by JamesMallon May 10 2014 03:42 AM

- - - - -
11 replies to this topic

Best Answer jonathan25 , 21 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hello James,

I am the CEO of AdBuddiz.

I am sorry to hear you feel bad about our product. We partner with thousands of app developers and we highly value their work that's why we wake up every day to help them make a good living out of it. That's why also we consider their feedback as so important to us.

First, I would like to say that it's my job as a CEO to defend the reputation of our company and the people from our team who spend endless hours trying to get the best results for our publishers.

Since you gave, in this thread, the info of your first day revenue and therefore consider this info as public, I think it should be fair to mention the revenues you made the second day just before you stopped using us. My goal is not at all to deny your bad feeling about us but to give valuable info for anyone who reads this thread. I managed to find your account and here was the eCPM you generated (for more than 8 000 impressions) on the 2nd day : $1.16 (which is, I agree far from $10 CPM but over your revmob target from what I read). Then you stopped using AdBuddiz and generated such a low number of views that no valuable info could be given about AdBuddiz performance after this date. Once again, my goal is not to try to discredit your words in any way, but to give a better picture of the overall situation.

Second, I would like to explain to you a bit more about how our system works because I think it would help you and anybody who follows this thread to better understand the situation of our service first and of mobile advertising in general. It could also help you generate more than what you are currently doing because you will understand what is happening behind the door (on our end).

On AdBuddiz you are paid based on the installs you generate for our advertisers, not the views. This model is becoming a standard of the industry because it is the one that is the best aligned with the needs of both advertisers and publishers. Therefore, your revenues via AdBuddiz depend on :

1. the campaigns we display on our network

2. the algorithm that ranks the ads in your apps based on the performance we see : in short, the algorithm learns over time which campaigns work and which don't, specifically for your apps

3. the conversion rates between the creatives and our partners' apps (which highly varies between one app and another => the frequency of the ads that are displayed in your game has definitely an impact here for instance)

4. The origin of your traffic (advertisers pay more for US than for Indian installs for instance)

I see on your screenshot that you generated 4500 impressions the first day on AdBuddiz. As Ingemar said, this is not enough for our algorithm to do the work. Indeed, we have hundreds of campaigns at any given time on AdBuddiz on a worldwide bases. We can't evaluate their performance in your specific apps with such a low volume.

I hope you will trust me when I say that the salesperson you have been in contact with didn't lie to you. We do have many publishers on AdBuddiz that generate up to $10 CPM. I am not saying everybody does but there are several who do.

I would definitely suggest you to try AdBuddiz for a much longer period than one day with important volume because I know we can generate you more revenues for the volume you send us. Like that our system will have enough time to maximize your revenues.

I am also ready to test personally your game to give you tips about where to display the ads in order to generate the highest revenues.

I am convinced we can get you a better eCPM than our competitors if you accept to collaborate with us to work things out together. I hope I have convinced you to give us a chance. If not, I wish you the best success with your apps. Thanks for reading these lines.

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

JamesMallon

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
JamesMallon
  • Enthusiast

• 74 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dear all,

Should I install Adbuddiz?

NO.

No doubt you have all been receiving numerous amounts of emails from a company called adbuddiz telling you you can get $10 eCPM and 1-3 dollars per install.

NO. Wrong.

I decided to give it a test for half a day and put one of my apps on the website this was the result:

$0.26 eCPM. That is 4x less than most ad providers for my applications anywyay.

2gvu4o0.jpg

I do this so no one else has to waste their time.

Thanks for listening

James Mallon

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

OK. I'm not saying that these guys are any good (I haven't tried them myself), but I think it's a bit too early to pass judgement after just 1 day's integration.

In most cases the system needs to "learn" about your app and what users are tapping on. Most ad networks will only serve low paying ads in the beginning before they know more about the metrics of your app. I'd say you'd need to give it at least a couple of weeks before a meaningful conclusion can be made.

JamesMallon

JamesMallon
  • Enthusiast

• 74 posts
  • Corona SDK

Oh I completely agree.

However the statistics I received off of one day are so far from what I was told I would be receiving that I am able to bet all the money in the world that I would never get near the figures the rep for AdBuddiz quoted me.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

:P The lesson: Never trust a salesman!  :P

davebollinger

davebollinger
  • Corona Geek

• 1,358 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for your report, helps. (tho I too wish you'd been able to give it a bit more time to see if ANYthing panned out eventually)

Am currently trying to figure out what "mix" to build in (for Android), so I can mediate server-side. Was considering throwing adbuddiz into the mix just for why-nots, test them out later live.

Seems all of the networks have serious ups and downs - seems a poor choice to "hard-wire" anything these days. Care to share what mix IS working for you? Thx, cheers,

JamesMallon

JamesMallon
  • Enthusiast

• 74 posts
  • Corona SDK

I don't really use a mix tbh.

RevMob has always treated me well since the beginning and i can hardly complain. I get an ecpm rate of around $1 most of the time so nothing really wrong with that. What about you guys what do you get?

jonathan25

jonathan25
  • Observer

• 4 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Hello James,

I am the CEO of AdBuddiz.

I am sorry to hear you feel bad about our product. We partner with thousands of app developers and we highly value their work that's why we wake up every day to help them make a good living out of it. That's why also we consider their feedback as so important to us.

First, I would like to say that it's my job as a CEO to defend the reputation of our company and the people from our team who spend endless hours trying to get the best results for our publishers.

Since you gave, in this thread, the info of your first day revenue and therefore consider this info as public, I think it should be fair to mention the revenues you made the second day just before you stopped using us. My goal is not at all to deny your bad feeling about us but to give valuable info for anyone who reads this thread. I managed to find your account and here was the eCPM you generated (for more than 8 000 impressions) on the 2nd day : $1.16 (which is, I agree far from $10 CPM but over your revmob target from what I read). Then you stopped using AdBuddiz and generated such a low number of views that no valuable info could be given about AdBuddiz performance after this date. Once again, my goal is not to try to discredit your words in any way, but to give a better picture of the overall situation.

Second, I would like to explain to you a bit more about how our system works because I think it would help you and anybody who follows this thread to better understand the situation of our service first and of mobile advertising in general. It could also help you generate more than what you are currently doing because you will understand what is happening behind the door (on our end).

On AdBuddiz you are paid based on the installs you generate for our advertisers, not the views. This model is becoming a standard of the industry because it is the one that is the best aligned with the needs of both advertisers and publishers. Therefore, your revenues via AdBuddiz depend on :

1. the campaigns we display on our network

2. the algorithm that ranks the ads in your apps based on the performance we see : in short, the algorithm learns over time which campaigns work and which don't, specifically for your apps

3. the conversion rates between the creatives and our partners' apps (which highly varies between one app and another => the frequency of the ads that are displayed in your game has definitely an impact here for instance)

4. The origin of your traffic (advertisers pay more for US than for Indian installs for instance)

I see on your screenshot that you generated 4500 impressions the first day on AdBuddiz. As Ingemar said, this is not enough for our algorithm to do the work. Indeed, we have hundreds of campaigns at any given time on AdBuddiz on a worldwide bases. We can't evaluate their performance in your specific apps with such a low volume.

I hope you will trust me when I say that the salesperson you have been in contact with didn't lie to you. We do have many publishers on AdBuddiz that generate up to $10 CPM. I am not saying everybody does but there are several who do.

I would definitely suggest you to try AdBuddiz for a much longer period than one day with important volume because I know we can generate you more revenues for the volume you send us. Like that our system will have enough time to maximize your revenues.

I am also ready to test personally your game to give you tips about where to display the ads in order to generate the highest revenues.

I am convinced we can get you a better eCPM than our competitors if you accept to collaborate with us to work things out together. I hope I have convinced you to give us a chance. If not, I wish you the best success with your apps. Thanks for reading these lines.

JamesMallon

JamesMallon
  • Enthusiast

• 74 posts
  • Corona SDK

I stand corrected,

I apologise I did not realise I made that amount the second day.

Apologies,

James

gerdzon

gerdzon
  • Enthusiast

• 62 posts
  • Corona SDK

I am new ,How does Click per install works ?

if 10 people see the add and 4 people install the game, I get 0.5,1,2, or 3 dollars .?

If 10 people see the add and nobody install the game , I get zero revenue.'?

If 1000 people see the add and 5 install I get 0.5,2, or three.

AdBuddiz

AdBuddiz
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Enterprise

I am new ,How does Click per install works ?

if 10 people see the add and 4 people install the game, I get 0.5,1,2, or 3 dollars .?

If 10 people see the add and nobody install the game , I get zero revenue.'?

If 1000 people see the add and 5 install I get 0.5,2, or three.

Hi Gerdzon,

The install price varies depending on the app and the country of the install, it can go from 30c to $5. On average it's between $1 and $3. 

You're only paid when a user installs an advertised app. We really believe it's the best way to earn money with mobile advertising as advertisers are willing to pay a lot for an install.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other question.

MAS1

MAS1
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

@AdBuddiz

You're only paid when a user installs an advertised app.

Should that be:

You're only paid when a user installs and plays an advertised app?

jonathan25

jonathan25
  • Observer

• 4 posts
  • Corona SDK

@AdBuddiz

Should that be:

You're only paid when a user installs and plays an advertised app?

To be 100% precise, you are paid when one of your user downloads and launches the advertised app for the first time. 
All the CPI ad networks work this way because no tracking system can detect the download as Google (or Apple) don't communicate these pieces of info to the ad networks. That's why the industry speaks about installs (and not downloads)

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]