Photo

Chartboost NOT working any longer
Started by thomers May 05 2014 09:09 AM

- - - - -
53 replies to this topic
chartboost ifa
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Satheesh

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 732 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Gremlin 
Any updates?
Eagerly awaiting Chartboost plugin! 
No pressure though  :D

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

@Gremlin 
Any updates?
Eagerly awaiting Chartboost plugin! 
No pressure though  :D

Yep. We are all finished with the iOS version. Just waiting for it to hit Corona's servers and we will launch. 

We are hoping that this will happen today.

Cheers

Satheesh

Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 732 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ah! no Android version? 

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Ah! no Android version? 

We are planning on making an Android version yeah, it all depends on the demand for the plugin as a whole however. So if enough people get the iOS version, we will gladly whip up and Android version asap.

The demand for plugins has been extremely low to date, so we have to recoup our losses before committing to further potential financial losses.

So long story short, iOS version does good, Android version will be available asap.

Hope you understand. :)

Satheesh

Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 732 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ah ok ok!  I do understand! 

I, for one, really appreciate plugins being put up for sale(Have been waiting for the Corona marketplace forever!) 
I haven't bought any Gremlin plugins till now, but Chartboost is surely going to be the first(thinking of getting Amazon ads as well).

Keep up the good work! :) 

TandG

TandG
  • Contributor

• 422 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Gremlin,

We've had a couple of enquires over the last few weeks for adding chartboost integration to some existing apps and templates, unfortunately its always for both an iOS and Android version. Therefore if the plugin was available for both platforms i'd buy it straight away, if its only for iOS then there isn't much point. 

I know thats not the best news for you, but i'm sure a fair few other people would be in the same boat! 

If it does get released on both then i look forward to getting it! :) 

Good work on the other plugins as well!

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Hi Gremlin,

We've had a couple of enquires over the last few weeks for adding chartboost integration to some existing apps and templates, unfortunately its always for both an iOS and Android version. Therefore if the plugin was available for both platforms i'd buy it straight away, if its only for iOS then there isn't much point. 

I know thats not the best news for you, but i'm sure a fair few other people would be in the same boat! 

If it does get released on both then i look forward to getting it! :)

Good work on the other plugins as well!

Hey TandG.

I can completely understand that. The good news is that the price you pay will be for both the android and iOS versions. So there is no extra fee when the android version comes out.

The plugin will be available starting from $9.99, so it's nice and affordable.

It's an awkward situation for us, we can make an android version fairly quickly, but to date we are in big negative financial numbers for the time invested in the other plugins vs the return we have received.

So the best thing for everyone to do would be to purchase the plugin when it comes out, and if the numbers are good then we can get you all the Android version out in less than a week. How does that sound?

TandG

TandG
  • Contributor

• 422 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sounds good to me, i'll grab it as soon as its out! :)

For that kind of price i'm sure you'll get a fair few sales. Definitely a bargain! 

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Sounds good to me, i'll grab it as soon as its out! :)

For that kind of price i'm sure you'll get a fair few sales. Definitely a bargain! 

Super. Yeah the price was set low as I didn't want to price anyone out of using Chartboost, who was already using it before their official version broke.

As I said in another thread (or this one?) Chartboost officially endorse our plugin, so your in safe hands :)

Thanks again.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

The question is how many sales does it take to qualify as "doing good"? ;) 

I already have a prototype iOS plugin of my own, but I don't have the Android version as I'm not much of a native Android developer. I was really looking forward to the Android plugin so that I would be spared the Android challenge myself  :P.

At this point I have no need for the iOS plugin as I (almost) have my own, however if there's a good chance that the Android version will be available soon I'll pitch in for a license to help get your economic figures pointing in the right direction.

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

The question is how many sales does it take to qualify as "doing good"? ;)

I already have a prototype iOS plugin of my own, but I don't have the Android version as I'm not much of a native Android developer. I was really looking forward to the Android plugin so that I would be spared the Android challenge myself  :P.

At this point I have no need for the iOS plugin as I (almost) have my own, however if there's a good chance that the Android version will be available soon I'll pitch in for a license to help get your economic figures pointing in the right direction.

Good question :)

Doing good would equate to at least 100 people using it. If and when that happens the trigger will be pulled and the Android version will be out within a week. Does that sit well for you?

Thanks Ingemar.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

Where can I sign up, so it'll only be 99 left to go  B) ?

Can't see the Chartboost option on Gremlin Interactive...

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Where can I sign up, so it'll only be 99 left to go  B) ?

Can't see the Chartboost option on Gremlin Interactive...

The shop item itself is hidden right now, until the plugin hits Corona's servers.

However, we will be notifying people via this thread, a thread in the Gremlin Plugins forum, and also a blog post on our own site.

If you want to be notified via email, you can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/LQDMD

Cheers :)

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

suibscríofa  :D

Fernker

Fernker
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Corona SDK

Will there be a conflict if I wanted to use the current Chartboost plugin with Android and the new one with iOS within the same app?

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Will there be a conflict if I wanted to use the current Chartboost plugin with Android and the new one with iOS within the same app?

No conflict, but the API's are different. So you would have to wrap some in if/else clauses. 

You would need to restrict Chartboost (our plugin) to only be required for iOS (via build.settings) and require it in your Lua code under a different variable name. For instance:

local chartboost = require( 'currentChartboostandroid' );
local chartboostPlugin = require( 'plugin.chartboost' );

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

rebelwax

rebelwax
  • Enthusiast

• 91 posts
  • Enterprise

Thanks Gremlin! I'll be purchasing today for sure!

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

Thanks. License purchased :-)

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Thanks. License purchased :-)

Thank you :)

Satheesh

Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 732 posts
  • Corona SDK

Purchased! 

I have a question though.. If I want to use my plugin for one app in 3 different stores - amazon, apple, playstore - will it count as 1 towards the "app limit" or 3? 
(P.S I know the android version is not out yet. just wanted to clarify).

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

@Satheesh

They say it'll count as 1 as long as the app name is the same across all stores.

http://gremlininteractive.com/corona-plugins-faq/

However I'd like to know how they determine the name of the app across platforms. Android allows multi line app names while iOS doesn't, so my Android display names are usually longer than on iOS.

Personally I'd prefer if they'd register licenses based on bundle-id/package-id (com.company.myapp) which I always keep the same across all stores.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

Also, what happens when you localize the app name?

I do this for all my new apps.

Satheesh

Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 732 posts
  • Corona SDK

+1 for using package names instead of app names! 

Gremlin Interactive

Gremlin Interactive
  • Contributor

• 700 posts
  • Enterprise

Purchased! 

I have a question though.. If I want to use my plugin for one app in 3 different stores - amazon, apple, playstore - will it count as 1 towards the "app limit" or 3? 
(P.S I know the android version is not out yet. just wanted to clarify).

Ingemar is correct.

@Satheesh

They say it'll count as 1 as long as the app name is the same across all stores.

http://gremlininteractive.com/corona-plugins-faq/

However I'd like to know how they determine the name of the app across platforms. Android allows multi line app names while iOS doesn't, so my Android display names are usually longer than on iOS.

Personally I'd prefer if they'd register licenses based on bundle-id/package-id (com.company.myapp) which I always keep the same across all stores.

This is actually a good idea, we will look into this. PS: Sending you the plugin binaries now ;)

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]