[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Download Error - when downloading the expansion file
Started by tielore Mar 23 2014 08:39 PM

9 replies to this topic
expansion expansion file download error error google license google license
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

tielore

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

So, I've got my new game out on the google play store, with an expansion file, and when they go to download the expansion file, they get this error (see attached image).  I don't have an android device to test on easily, except for a kindle fire, which doesn't use google play, so this got uploaded to google play without proper testing.  I followed the tutorials and documentation as best I could. I verified I'm using the correct google license key for this app, so, not sure what's happening to cause this.  Anyone else see this issue?

downloadErrorLicensed.png

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

In addition to using the expansion files, I'm also using the pirate code from the forums to protect my game.  Here's the bit I use. 

-- new google licensing stuff to protect against pirates.
local theOS = system.getInfo( "platformName" ) -- gets the OS of the device
if theOS == "Android" and Globals.androidAppStore == "google" then -- we only do the google licensing stuff if on android.
	local licensing = require( "licensing" )
	licensing.init( "google" )
	local function licensingListener( event )
	   local verified = event.isVerified
	   if not event.isVerified then
	      --failed verify app from the play store, we print a message
	      print( "Pirates: Walk the Plank!!!" )
	      native.requestExit()  --assuming this is how we handle pirates
	   end
	end
	licensing.verify( licensingListener )
end

I changed up this code, so it would work only when on android from the google store.  did I mess something up here, that might be causing my problem when downloading the expansion file?

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

Here's the bit from my build.settings file for the android permissions, etc.

android = {
        largeHeap = true,
        usesExpansionFile = true,
        usesPermissions =
            {
                "android.permission.INTERNET",
                "com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE", -- only for google builds I guess
                "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE",
                "com.android.vending.BILLING", -- only for google builds I guess
            },
    },
    androidPermissions = {
          "android.permission.INTERNET",
      },

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm running daily build Version 2014.2170

dchan

dchan
  • Contributor

• 360 posts
  • Corona Staff

The only thing that I can think of for now is that the you haven't uploaded the expansion file to the play store yet.  Please make sure you've uploaded the expansion file to the play store.

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

I did upload it.  It took me a while to figure out how, basically you have to upload your apk once, then upload it a second time, before the ability to add an expansion file shows up.  I uploaded it then... But now when I go into my google developer dashboard and click on this app, I don't see anywhere in there to verify if they have the expansion file or not? 

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just uploaded it again, with a new apk version.  I think maybe something went wrong on my first upload, cause now I can see the expansion file if I click into the details on the new apk, where on the old apk version the details didn't list anything about an expansion file.  Re-published, and now I'll test it as soon as it shows up on the store again.

tielore

tielore
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

So I uploaded a new app and new expansion file today. On my way home I bought a galaxy tab to test that it's downloadable now. But when I try to buy it, I got a generic error saying the order could not be processed bad to try again later. After a friggin hour of trying to figure out why, I discovered its a generic error message and the real reason is because google doesn't allow you to buy your own app. Are you serious?!!! So how do I test the downloading of my app from the google play store if they won't let me buy it?

jacques1

jacques1
  • Contributor

• 318 posts
  • Corona SDK

@ tielore: You need to create another google account other than the one you use as a developer. Google does not allow you to purchase your own app it seems. 

As to the expansion file not working the first time, it is as you sort of mentioned due to the fact that after you upload your first APK (which does not allow you to add an expansion file), make sure that when you upload your APK a second time (so that it does allow you to add the expansion file) that you have changed the version code number of the APK to a number higher then the first upload.

(still find it ridiculous that google forces testers to purchase the app (if its a paid app) when testing....)

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]