[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Bundle ID invalid trying to upload to iTunes
Started by jfkim2 Feb 01 2014 08:54 AM

- - - - -
37 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

jfkim2

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Having trouble with trying to upload a simple update. Was successful getting version 1.0 uploaded, but now just a few days later with update upload for version 2.0, it keeps rejecting. Getting error messages for both mismatch and bundle short version mismatch (see screen shots). I have completely trashed and rebuilt provisioning profies, app ID, distribution key, but still get those errors.  Anyone who had similar problems recently who solved it would appreciate your solution.

Specs: using MacMini, Maverick OS, 16GB RAM, X-Code 5.0.2, Corona build 2014_1262.

Thanks for anyone who responds to this post. Cheers!

John (-:)

Attached Thumbnails

• shot1.jpg
  • shot2.jpg
  • shot3.jpg

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

What does your build.settings file look like?  Can you do a screen capture of your Corona SDK build screen??

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: I feel like an idiot! When you mentioned looking at Corona build settings, I realized that I didn't change the version setting in there to match the submission version... BEFORE doing the build...duh! Thanks for that! However, I still have the two errors 1) Your package contains a file "xxxx.app/Icon" with a name that contains invalid characters and 2) Missiing recommended 152x152 icon file; I have it in the build file, but it keeps popping up. Any ideas on how to correct these two issues would  be appreciated. Thanks! ~ John (-:)

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

The first one is because you actually have a file called Icon in your project folder with no extension.  Apple is trying to make use of this.  I haven't tracked down what's creating it, but I've seen several people report it.  One forum posted that they thought Glider (the IDE) might be creating it.  You will likely need to open a terminal session and use command line commands to get into your folder, use the "ls" command to find it and the "rm" command to remove it.  For the one project someone sent me we we were first trying to figure this error out, I actually used Sublime Text's file list to right-click and Delete the file. 

Now for the missing 152x152 I'm not sure what to say unless you don't really have a 152x152 in the folder or it has a file name case mismatch.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: I have Sublime Text, but I don't understand your instruction to "right click on file list and delete the file". What file am I opening in my folder? The config.lua, build settings, main.lua? Thanks!

John

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: here's my list of icons in my build folder. Did I name them OK? Appreciate your help! Thanks! John

Icon-29.png
Icon-29@2x.png
Icon-72.png
Icon-72@2x.png
Icon-76.png
Icon-76@2x.png
Icon-152.png
Icon-152@2x.png
Icon-Small-40.png
Icon-Small-40@2x.png
Icon-Small-50.png
Icon-Small-50@2x.png

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

For the first question, look for a file in the file list named "Icon" without an extension (no .png) and delete it.  You can ctrl-click or right-click and in the flyout menu there should be a "Delete file" options or something similar.

For the second question, Apple has a lot of flexibility in how to ID and provide the required icons, but under the "Follow this recipe and it will always work for you" method, we wrote up this in our guides:

http://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/buildSettings/index.html#appicons

If you copy/paste the build.settings block and follow the sizing guide lines as listed in that guide exactly, you won't have problems.

For instance you list an Icon-152.png and Icon-152@2x.png file.  The 152 icon is really the Icon-76@2x.png file (76 * 2 = 152) and you don't need a 304px icon (what 152@2x would in theory represent).   Follow the guidelines with zero variance and you should be good to go.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: I was able to delete the "Icon" file using Sublime Text following your instructions...THANKS! Just saved the modified app file, re-zipped and uploaded it to iTunes and it took successfully! Yeah!!! Will read the link you provided about icon guide lines. Thanks for all your help! You're AWESOME!!! Have a great day! Cheers! ~ John (-:)

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: now I'm getting this error message:

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Sound Sort Blends 2". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate
or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary."Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

I have double and triple checked and tried SIX different submissions, with the same error message! I'm at a lost... any ideas? Grrrrr!!!

Thanks! I'm taking a break and getting some air! ~~~ John )-:

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

This error is very straight forward.  You picked the wrong provisioning profile when you built the app.  There are three types that you can create in the Apple Provisioning Portal:

1.  Development  -- Device Testing only

2.  Distribution - Ad Hoc -- Device Testing, and Internal deployment (like internal to a business)

3.  Distribution - Store -- This is what has to be used to upload to the store.

The error above says you used ether type 1 or 2 when you need to use 3.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: I checked and it was set up for Distribution to the Store. I've deleted and rebuilt my profile certificate, CRS, and provisioning profiles, but I still cannot get it to upload due to this Code Signing error. I feel like I'm running around in circles!!! Very frustrating! Any other suggestions? Thanks! ~ John )-:

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

Have you rebooted, restarted Corona SDK?  Cleaned out your ~/Library/MobileDevices/Provisioning Profiles folder and re-downloaded your profiles?

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob: rebooted, restarted Corona and cleaned out provisioning profiles like you suggested. Strange thing is that the upload goes up fine, no errors. But in two minutes, I get the iTunes message that the binary rejected with the following message:Invalid Signature-Make sure you have signed your
  application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate
or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in
Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the
project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading
was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If
you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean
All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild
your release target.

So now what? This does not make sense! Thanks! ~ John

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: I'm pulling my hair out on this submission. I'm now on my 14th rejection with the same error about "Invalid Signature". I have COMPLETELY deleted my provisioning profiles and rebuilt it; deleted and redid my CSR certificate; downloaded "Watchdog" so that it completely cleans out my X-Code libraries before uploading. I made sure my X-Code targets are in "release" mode. I removed the "Icon" with Sublime Text and compressed a new zip file to upload. NOTHING seems to work and I really, really, need to get this update for my app into the store! Can you please help me? Thanks! ~ John )-:

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

I asked around and here are some possibilities.

1. Make 100% sure you're not using an AdHoc profile.  To test, try and install your .app bundle on your device.  If it installs, it's an AdHoc profile.  You cannot install a "for the store" app directly through Xcode's Organizer.

2. If that fails, try building the HelloWorld sample and upload it and see if you get the same error.

3. Make sure you are not putting things like the CFBundleIdentifier in your build.settings.  You have to make sure the profile you picked matches the profile iTunes connect is expecting.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: Checked profile and it is NOT AdHoc as it did not install. Cleaned out X-code Organizer and deleted any project folders. Build only has CFBundleIcon.  See screen shots of my profiles, error message, and build settings. I've checked the Bundle ID 20x times and it is correct!!! Appreciate any other ideas on what I'm doing wrong here!

John )-:

Attached Thumbnails

• ProvisioningProfile.jpg
  • build.jpg
  • erorMSG.jpg
  • Ver_1.0.jpg

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: I just got into Terminal to look at my soundsortblends2.app file and made two screen shots. Does the "Resources.car" file need to be renamed? Are the Icon images OK? Any other ideas? My first version was 1.0 and my second version is 2.0, is that OK? Thanks!

~John

Attached Thumbnails

• terminal1.jpg
  • terminal2.jpg

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: Making some progress...last submission says that my Bundle is not signed, so I went into Terminal and sure enough, it is NOT signed (see screen shots). Should I just delete everything and start all over again with new keys, provisioning profiles, distribution certificates, restart my mac computer? I'm using Corona Simulator 2013.2100 Is that OK? Thanks! ~ John (- :)

Attached Thumbnails

• ErrorNotSigned.jpg
  • terminal-notSigned.jpg

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

Well it certainly wouldn't hurt to clear out and start over, just lets check a couple of things.

You should have two certificates:  A development certificate and a distribution certificate.  You next need to make sure you create a provisioning profile for app store distribution that uses the distribution certificate.

As far as the Icons go, you still seem to not be matching them up with our recommendations.  Your Icon.png and Icon@2x.png are what we recommend for the iOS 6 iPhone and Retina iPhone.   Your errors are still being reported as missing a 152x152.

One last question, are you running Application Loader by hand or are you clicking the "Upload to app store" button after the build?

If you are clicking the button, running it by hand may solve the problem.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: I cleared everything out and started over. Made a development profile, but I cannot make a "distribution" profile; it says I have duplicates and to delete them, but I don't have any! Look at the screen shots and you'll see I only have the development profile. Any idea what's causing this? I'm running Application Loader by hand, and NOT clicking "Upload to app store". I always do it manually. I'll fix the icons. Thanks! ~John

Attached Thumbnails

• ProfileError.jpg
  • Profiles.jpg

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: when I use Sublime Text to remove the "Icon" file in the soundsortblends2.app, it also removes the "code signing" as I verified that in the Terminal command before trying to upload. How do I get around that?  Or is there another way to remove the "Icon" and yet retain the code signing for submission? That seems to be the only thing holding up my upload now. Thanks! John

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

Don't remove it from the .app folder.  Remove it from your folder where the main.lua is.  If you remove it there, it won't make it into your app bundle.  When you try to change the .app bundle, the signing is going to fail because the bundle has been modified.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: Sorry, but I don't understand when you say to remove it from the folder that has the main.lua file. As you can see from my screen shot, there is no "Icon" file. It generates on it's own when I build the submission file in Corona Simulator and is embedded into the SoundSortBlends2.app file that when I open up in Terminal or Sublime Text, it shows that "Icon" is in that .app file. I apologize for my ignorance on this issue. Thanks! ~John

Attached Thumbnails

• mainFolder.jpg

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,622 posts
  • Enterprise

I don't think it shows in Finder.  That's why I want you to either use the command line or Sublime Text to do it.  I think it's the folder icon if you have a custom icon on the folder.  Others have said its something Glider puts there.  It doesn't happen to most people.

Rob

jfkim2

jfkim2
  • Enthusiast

• 37 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob: I don't have a custom icon folder! Somehow, "Icon?" mysteriously appears when going through Corona Simulator build. When I try to remove it using command line or Sublime Text, I can remove it, but the "Code Signing" disappears since I messed with the original file and then I can't load the .app because that then generates a "Not valid Bundle since the .app is not signed". I'm sorry if I appear so ignorant, I'm trying to explain as best as I can. Is there a way I can send you a zip file of my folder? It's about 55 MB zipped. Or, I can put it in my DropBox if you provide me an email address that will be authorized to open that file. Thanks!

~John

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]