[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Is it possible to change webView width during orientation handling?
Started by joe528 Jan 29 2014 07:41 PM

* * * * * 3 votes
35 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

ksan

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

WebView orientation issues still not resolved right?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,539 posts
  • Enterprise

This was resolved in build 2297.

ksan

ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for the update. 

joe528

joe528
  • Contributor

• 800 posts
  • Corona SDK

There are more issues.

I have said many times. It's not resolved. Why ignores my previous messages.

joe528

joe528
  • Contributor

• 800 posts
  • Corona SDK

I feel very disappointed about Corona mostly because of this webView orientation support.

I can't believe Corona thinks it's already resolved.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,539 posts
  • Enterprise

I'm just reporting what the bug tracker says.  If you disagree with engineering, you are more than welcome to reply to the last message you got from the bug tracker, which will re-open the bug.  Be aware they specifically mentioned that the video issue is a separate issue and needs a different bug report, but if you're still having issues with the basic resizing after orientation, reopen the existing bug.

Rob

joe528

joe528
  • Contributor

• 800 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have said several time Corona should treat webView support as a whole. There are many test cases and iOS/Android/Simulator all have different behaviors.

I have reported all bugs I've seen so far, including the full-screen video one. I am not sure if there are more bugs related because I had done so many testing during the process and I am not your QA.

Try to write a tutorial about webView orientation support, so Corona can find out all the bugs left and people will know how to do webView orientation with Corona.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,539 posts
  • Enterprise

Do you have the bug number for the video one?

joe528

joe528
  • Contributor

• 800 posts
  • Corona SDK

supposed to be this one, "(Case 31803) display.contentHeight/contentWidth are not changed when video is playing in   full screen"

The bug is like this,

(1) Show webView that has a video link in it

(2) Play the video (go to full screen)

(3) Rotate it (from landscape to portrait, or from portrait to landscape), BUT don't rotate back

(4) End the video

(5) The system content.width/content.height was not changed for the rotation in step (3). This will mess up the system coordinations.

Please ask your engineer to check both actual iOS & Android devices. They behaves differently for the webView orientations. I am not sure if this is last bug related to webView orientation. Please also ask them to test "thoroughly" (rotate several times and every possible test cases), which is a basic software engineering practice.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,539 posts
  • Enterprise

The bug has been verified and assigned to an engineer.  I'm not sure where in the queue it is to be fixed so I can't provide an ETR.

Rob

ksan

ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

Please ask your engineer to check both actual iOS & Android devices. They behaves differently for the webView orientations. I am not sure if this is last bug related to webView orientation. Please also ask them to test "thoroughly" (rotate several times and every possible test cases), which is a basic software engineering practice.

@joe528, thanks for your efforts to get all the webView bugs reported. Had it not been for you these issues would take much longer to get resolved. Thanks for your time and energy.

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]