[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Not submitted to the Corona 2.0 competition -- But still kind of nice...
Started by paolo.longato Nov 18 2013 12:19 PM

11 replies to this topic
texture graphics 2.0 draw fog blur gaussian blur
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

paolo.longato

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
paolo.longato
  • Contributor

• 114 posts
  • Corona SDK

A bit late for the Graphics 2.0 competition (and probably not so good); but there you go.  Foggy window opening up onto the Alps. You can draw with your fingers and uncover the landscape.  Let's call this Après-ski simulator!  :)

Stephen Lewis

Stephen Lewis
  • Contributor

• 716 posts
  • Enterprise

Nice!  I can imagine little drops of condensation streaking from top to bottom.  

Can you give a hint what G2.0 technique(s) you used?

paolo.longato

paolo.longato
  • Contributor

• 114 posts
  • Corona SDK

Oh yes, you can do much better than this, but i do not have the patience to source textures.  I have used this tutorial and the background picture as a texture for polilines.  The background is the original background picture (the one used as a texture) with a Gaussian blur and a semitransparent white rectangle on top.  That was just lazy of me, I could have found a nice foggy window texture and used the blend modes as explained in the tutorial.

http://www.coronalabs.com/blog/2013/11/07/tutorial-repeating-fills-in-graphics-2-0/

DavidRangel

DavidRangel

• 888 posts
  • Corona Staff

Very nice! It would also be cool to make it "re-fog" based on time since you last touched it...

LairdGames

LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

WOW! Nice! Great job Paulo. Quick question, could you use this same technique for something like a scratching loto app? The player would scratch a ticket to reveal a prize (or lost).

Thanks for the share.

Mo 

paolo.longato

paolo.longato
  • Contributor

• 114 posts
  • Corona SDK

@david, I actually did that but re-fogging looked kind of cheap. The problem is that I use a mix or rectangles an circles to get the line smooth and when they are fading they show as circles and rectangles and don't fade in an homogeneous way. I haven't found a solution to that yet.

@mo, yes you can without modifications. Nice idea actually.

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

A very inventive use of the new texturing filter. I just assumed it was some sort of masking or filtering trick until you explained it - I couldn't have been more wrong!

paolo.longato

paolo.longato
  • Contributor

• 114 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Mo, there you have it

WOW! Nice! Great job Paulo. Quick question, could you use this same technique for something like a scratching loto app? The player would scratch a ticket to reveal a prize (or lost).

Thanks for the share.

Mo 

paolo.longato

paolo.longato
  • Contributor

• 114 posts
  • Corona SDK

And this is the last one.  Calligraphic precision.  It looks more like ice now.  Disclaimer: I have not tried on a device.  

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

Please tell me you used a stylus to do that? No-one can be that precise with a mouse!

Satheesh

Satheesh
  • Contributor

• 733 posts
  • Corona SDK

Oh yes, you can do much better than this, but i do not have the patience to source textures.  I have used this tutorial and the background picture as a texture for polilines.  The background is the original background picture (the one used as a texture) with a Gaussian blur and a semitransparent white rectangle on top.  That was just lazy of me, I could have found a nice foggy window texture and used the blend modes as explained in the tutorial.

http://www.coronalabs.com/blog/2013/11/07/tutorial-repeating-fills-in-graphics-2-0/

@Paulo 
When you say you set the background picture as a texture for polilines, you mean stroke fill right? 
When I set a large image as stroke fill for a line, the image is resized to the thickness of the line. 

Is there anything I am missing here?

coronaenterprise

coronaenterprise
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Enterprise

Hi Paolo,

We spent 2 hours trying to understand what you did. We're using Canvas for that. Are we using the right feature?

Then we tried to fill a texture with original image, like Satheesh is mentioning, but the fill is stretched, so it won't work...

Any chance to have more insight on how you did? A piece of code?

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]