[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

ATA
Started by chiliberto Mar 01 2010 10:04 AM

3 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

chiliberto

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
chiliberto
  • Observer

• 24 posts
  • Corona SDK

Artists' Television Access (ATA) is an artist-run, experimental, underground film & video gallery in San Francisco. The ATA iPhone app uses an RSS feed to pull up-to-date information about current and upcoming screenings, performances, and events. With so many things happening at this gallery space every week, most of them one-night only events, this app is indispensable for the experimental arts enthusiast.

http://atasite.org/iPhone/

Created with Corona.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Gilbert

uid: 3800 topic_id: 560 reply_id: 300560

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Very nice !

Could you forward us the 512*512 icon so we can put it up on our apps page?
Carlos
uid: 24 topic_id: 560 reply_id: 1106

afyzendo

afyzendo
  • Observer

• 25 posts
  • Guests

Nice application!

Judging by the screenshots the application uses standard components like a table view, a navigation bar and a tab bar. How did you do this? I see no mention of these components in the Corona documentation.
uid: 4824 topic_id: 560 reply_id: 1117

chiliberto

chiliberto
  • Observer

• 24 posts
  • Corona SDK

Those aren't the standard components--they just look like them. I wanted a standard look and feel for my first app, so I created images for the tab bar, nav bar, etc. I used this iPhone GUI PSD to help me: http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/2009/06/18/iphone-gui-psd-30/

I hope at some point Corona includes a way to setup standard components. It might have made my life a little easier. Also, in the next iteration of this app I want to allow the user to rotate the screen and show a calendar table, so the user can pick a date in the past or future and see the shows happening on that day. Building the calendar by hand might be a real pain--but not impossible.

Looking back it seems kind of strange that I chose to limit my design so that it mimicked standard components when Corona is so open. I think I'm going do something more game-like or with a totally non-standard design for my next Corona app.

Thanks for the feedback.

-GG
uid: 3800 topic_id: 560 reply_id: 1120

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]