[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Transitions in Graphics 2.0
Started by cublah Oct 29 2013 03:08 AM

11 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

cublah

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

I seem to be having a slight issue with Transitions, I tried the transition1 sample and there is some strangeness going on, the transition seems to miss a beat somewhere.

I tried it on iPhone 5s and iPad 3 and results are the same but only in G2.0

Can anybody else confirm this issue?

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @cublah,

Can you describe the issue in more detail? Is it a potential performance issue, or something possibly with the transition library in G2.0? Which build of 2.0 are you testing this with? Can you reproduce the behavior across ALL transitions and transition types (move, scale, rotate, etc.)?

Thanks,

Brent

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

I was having a problem with Transitions in my App in terms of instead of fading in smoothly over 1 sec it would just appear, if I slowed it down to 5 secs it worked a little more consistent, so I just built and tried the Transition1 sample that comes with Corona graphics 2.0 on my ipad3 and iphone5s and it doesn't run smoothly using G2.0 (the latest build 2026) it stutters and seems to miss some of the transitions.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @cublah,

Would you mind submitting this test project as a bug report? I think we need to investigate it and determine what may be causing the issue. Please make sure to tag (or note) the issue is related to Graphics 2.0.

http://developer.coronalabs.com/content/bug-submission

Thanks,

Brent

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Brent,

I didn't get notification of your message which is strange.

Anyway, I can confirm the problem is still there with the latest public release.

I submitted a bug report, it needs to be sorted ASAP, I can't use graphics 2.0 unless the transitions are working correctly

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @cublah,

Do you have a bug report number for me? It will help me track down that specific case and see what's going on. I've done plenty of transitioning in Graphics 2.0 (see my 2.5D perspective demo), including testing on several devices, and I haven't noticed any skipping issues.

Thanks,

Brent

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

can't somebody just run the Transition1 Demo on a device....how hard is that...you will see the problem!!

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @cublah,

I mis-read your original statement somewhat, didn't realize you were talking about the demo project. I have confirmed this issue and will pass it along to the engineers.

Thanks,

Brent

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thank you, it's a major problem for me as I use transitions a lot and it makes my current project unusable.

XWL

XWL
  • Observer

• 13 posts
  • Corona SDK

I believe that your problem is the same as mine, after some testing I discovered it has to do with objects alpha being 0.  See my post here - http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41407-graphics-20-bad-performance/

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 393 posts
  • Corona SDK

I believe that your problem is the same as mine, after some testing I discovered it has to do with objects alpha being 0.  See my post here - http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41407-graphics-20-bad-performance/

It's not just Alpha it's other transitions as well, including simply moving an object in the x or the y, I think it's a timing bug but that's what it looks like.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @cublah,

We're investigating these issues and should have a resolution soon. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Brent

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]