[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Installation Error "Microsoft.VC90.MFC..."
Started by brad.pratt Oct 28 2013 08:04 AM

4 replies to this topic
installation error mfc vc90
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

brad.pratt

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
brad.pratt
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

I get the following error when I try to load the Corona SDK:

"An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.MFC, version "9.0.21022.8", publiKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitecture="x86", type="win32".  Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

I've tried installation to different location, but can't seem to resolve this issue.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello @brad.pratt,

Can you please provide more details on the system (version of Windows, processor, etc.) that you're installing on? Also, which version of Corona are you installing? Did you download the most recent public build?

Sincerely,

Brent Sorrentino

brad.pratt

brad.pratt
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello,

The version I'm trying to install was just downloaded today from your main dowload page.  The file is called CoronaSDK-2013.1202.msi  I tried to go to your daily build page to download something else, but the page seem to have an error and nothing is listed for download.

My system is:

HP EliteBook 8560w

Windows 7 Enterprise

Intel Core i7 2.3GHz

4.0GB memory

64-bit OS

Tom

Tom

• 1,480 posts
  • Corona Staff

I did a Google search and found that the error is most likely caused by invalid keys in Windows registry left over from installing/uninstalling a app that also used the same library file. This is not a CoronaSDK issue and you need to resolve  the problem on your system. Here is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on the subject:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/80c0eba9-ea1a-455d-baf1-0bb2c7c4b408/error-1935-microsoft-visual-c-2008-redistributable-install?forum=w7itproinstall

The above links refer to the error when installing Visual Studio C++, but it also applies to CoronaSDK (which uses the same library component).

brad.pratt

brad.pratt
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks,

Digging through the content I discovered that my Windows Module Installer service was not started and this did the trick!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]