[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

[FIXED] New storyboard bug - could someone confirm?
Started by rakoonic2 Oct 25 2013 02:02 PM

15 replies to this topic
graphics 2 storyboard
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

rakoonic2

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

My understanding of storyboard was that while a transition is in effect, touch events aren't registered in either the outgoing or incoming scene. One guesses that they throw up a full screen rect capturing the events or something, not really sure.

Anyway, as of daily build 2018, it appears this is no longer true, and it causes a crash as I'm guessing storyboard gets confused about scenes (attempting to handle 3 scenes at once instead of 2 - the latest scene does not receive the parameters it should from the button in the second).

I just wanted to confirm my understanding of how storyboard works with transitions before I file a bug, because I'm not sure on some of this, although one thing is certain: My code now dies if I click early, and before it didn't :(

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,788 posts
  • Enterprise

What is the 3rd scene?

I'm unaware of any thing blocking touches while scenes are transitioning.

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob thats what Im not sure of and wanted to check, but I dont recall ever having problems in the past relating to buttons on the incoming scene. With my memory that isnt 100% surety, so Ill just have to do some tests. On the other hand, if there isnt an event blocker until the transitions finish, there probably should be :)

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

I wasn't aware that storyboard did that for you either (at least that's what I've assumed for a loooong time).

The way I've handled it is to create a display object called transitionCover (local to every scene), which is a newRect created as the last object in createScene (so it's on top of everything else). It covers the whole screen where isVisible=false, isHitTestable=true and has an event listener which just returns true to swallow any events.

In every enterScene I set transitionCover.isHitTestable=false, and in every exitScene I set transitionCover.isHitTestable=true.

I add this to all the storyboard scenes of the app, and it seems to work well ;) .

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

Cheers - looks like Ive just been lucky up until now. Which means - time to go back and fix my projects as I really don't like being lucky :) So end result is - not a bug, just weird coincidence that it only started happening in the latest daily (but weirder cos it literally never happened before and then started happening a lot. I must have got impatient recently). Thanks for the info gs, and sorry for the false alarm!

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

After thinking about it some more, it does feel like something that could be taken care of by Storyboard though...

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

Danny

Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

Can someone file a bug for this please?
I know for a fact that storyboard has code to prevent touches during scene transitions so this is either a regression bug or a new bug due to G2.0 changes.

Can someone please confirm if it happens on both non and G2.0 builds and submit a bug and pass me on the bug #?

Thanks!

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

I won't have time to do the checking and bug filing until tomorrow though, if someone else has the time beforehand let us know here.

Cheers Danny, I can sleep a little easier knowing I am not mad. I blame Rob :)

The problem might be the fullscreen blocker being off-center now with the anchor point changes.

In fact, given how we can now change the default anchor points (and indeed I do do that in several projects) I imagine you'd want to check you specifically set them on the blocker rectangle.

I came to this conclusion by doing a quick test - my screen has a grid of buttons on it so I set the transition time to something high and I just saw which buttons responding during the transition and which ones didn't - only the ones in the top left quarter of the screen still are blocked, so it is almost certainly a position / anchor issue.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

Oh joy!  I can remove some code!

I've had my own handlers in place ever since storyboard came out assuming it didn't have any "touch-inhibitors"  :P.

I'll have a stab at this during the day to see what I can some up with. I do know that I had to adjust my own code for G2 since the center of my rect became placed in the upper-left of the screen. As @rakoonic says, it's possibly the same issue for the built-in handler.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

OSX Mavericks

Corona SDK 2013.2021

Xcode 5.0.1

Reported as Case #27351 which includes a sample project.

It's a G2.0 issue. G1 blocks all taps correctly.

Only the upper left quadrant of the screen blocks taps in 2.0, so it does seem to be an anchor-point issue with the built-in blocking rect.

rakoonic2

rakoonic2
  • Contributor

• 503 posts
  • Corona SDK

Cheers for doing that Ingemar, most appreciated :)

walter

walter

• 726 posts
  • Alumni

Thanks for the report. This is fixed in daily build 2060.

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

Confirmed fixed in 2060. Thanks!

rakoonic2

rakoonic2