[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

getPixel() again & again
Started by glyphed Oct 09 2013 09:53 AM

35 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Rob Miracle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Rob Miracle

• 24,743 posts
  • Corona Staff

If you don't want to change white and black, the hue filter might do what you want.  

Christopher Bishop

Christopher Bishop
  • Contributor

• 416 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks Rob, I will give it a try and see what happens, just now getting into the 2.0 effects etc. so haven't really pushed it to see what I could do as I just got done with the port up to 2.0 for this particular project but thinking about it now the hue filter would be PERFECT for eyeballs lol...

Develephant

Develephant
  • Corona Geek

• 1,440 posts
  • Corona SDK

Here is a visual breakdown with pseudo-code that might help illustrate the two different features.  I'm using a hex color just as an example.

The "get" color:

11c9m41.png

The "set" color:

2f0bw4y.png

It's not a tint as noted earlier, nor a regular fill, it's a find and replace.

With this functionality I can easily replace or add color choices without creating a new avatar image for each one.  I can also use one base icon for possibly limitless combinations.

Hope that helps.

Christopher Bishop

Christopher Bishop
  • Contributor

• 416 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Rob, I just had some time to play around with using a hue filter and unlike Photoshop and other paint programs etc. the hue filter in 2.0 hues white as well so hueing something orange causes the white areas to go light peach color where if i were to change the hue on the same thing in photoshop it only changes anything that is off white etc.

glyphed

glyphed
  • Observer

• 3 posts
  • Corona SDK

a.laciura

a.laciura
  • Observer

• 1 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello everybody. I'm considering the development of a set of new apps that must go on ios, android and w-phone (when??).

What absolutely I need is a way to exchange information (ID) between two devices, like "bump" used to do. But I need to do it with some kind of barcode scanner or qrcode scanner. I can also use a simplified algorithm for this, because I will have a max of 100 devices contermprary exchanging data. Of course in this case I would need all pairs to be online....

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,743 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hi @a.laciura.  Is there a reason you replied to a thread on getPixel() with this request?  It seems to be un-related.  I would suggest starting a new thread with your information request as to not hijack this thread.  There are two reasons why this is important.  First people who might know your answers are not going to look in a thread about getPixel() to help you.  Secondly, if someone searchs for  your question looking for the same answers, they will be greatly confused about why a thread about getPixel() showed up.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Rob

mpappas

mpappas
  • Contributor

• 527 posts
  • Enterprise

Did I just read this right?

display.colorSample()

Overview: Get the color of a pixel on screen.

Build 2401 documentation...

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @mpappas,

Yes, this is correct. I'm not sure I understand your question though...

Brent

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,743 posts
  • Corona Staff

It's actually been there for a while.  Perhaps before the last public build...  I don't remember the exact build number.

Rob

mpappas

mpappas
  • Contributor

• 527 posts
  • Enterprise

Sorry, no question asked. 

I was just looking to see if this feature was implemented yet (considering an app), and saw it.  The revision in the doc is listed as 2014.2401 so I presumed it was just added in the last daily.   Anyways, glad to see getPixel() is there, kudos!

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]