[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

widgets problems
Started by borgb Oct 09 2013 03:10 AM

11 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

borgb

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
borgb
  • Contributor

• 291 posts
  • Corona SDK

Just tried the new public version of graphics 2.0 and noticed that it says object:setReferencePoint() isnt available, but where it points to is where I create a segmented controller. I tried removing this one and then get stopped at a place where I insert rows into a tableview. I am guessing widgets use the object:setReferencePoint() function. Will this be updated soon? 

piotrz55

piotrz55
  • Contributor

• 754 posts
  • Corona SDK

What about anchor points?

borgb

borgb
  • Contributor

• 291 posts
  • Corona SDK

anchor points are the new way yes, but I cant change the code for widgets can I? Or is it a way to do this? I would guess you need to do it somewhere in the internal widget code? or is there a library one can use instead maybe?

piotrz55

piotrz55
  • Contributor

• 754 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sorry, I have no access to graphics2.0 - just sharing idea after reading a bit about changes

borgb

borgb
  • Contributor

• 291 posts
  • Corona SDK

i just took a look at the framework for widgets 2.0 that was on github and it does use object:setReferencePoint().. maybe I could use the parts there I need I guess as a fix, but would be nice if the 2.0 graphics build would come with these fixes.

Stephen Lewis

Stephen Lewis
  • Contributor

• 716 posts
  • Enterprise

Did you try adding 

graphicsCompatibility = 1

to your config.lua file?  It's supposed to allow use of setReferencePoint() for compatibility.

http://docs.coronalabs.com/tachyon/guide/graphics/migration.html#migrating-existing-code-1.0-2.0

apps5

apps5
  • Observer

• 20 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've tried that but the widgets still fail to run properly, generating errors ...

borgb

borgb
  • Contributor

• 291 posts
  • Corona SDK

yeah, tried that as well and didnt work to well, still got errors. But I have started reworking the framework of widgets 2.0 that is on github and got buttons, tableview and segmented controller up and running. Did require some of tweaking though and had to move buttons and things in my app because placement were completely off with the anchor thingy. and convert all colors of course :) Hopefully corona will do the changes in widgets soon. Guessing that fixing things with graphics 2.0 comes above widgets :)

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,534 posts
  • Enterprise

Widgets for Graphics 2.0 are still being worked on.  You can include the V1 compatibility flag, which turns reference points back on, in addition to having the color tools still using 0-255 range, etc.  Watch the daily builds for updates.

walter

walter

• 726 posts
  • Alumni

Yes, we are working on fixing widgets for G2.0.

borgb

borgb
  • Contributor

• 291 posts
  • Corona SDK

awesome :) I managed a quick fix for now with the framework so I cant test out things at least. Looking forward to seeing more and more things coming together! Keep up the good work!

apps5

apps5
  • Observer

• 20 posts
  • Corona SDK

great, I'm going to fork my code for now so I can both explore the new graphics features and not break my main app ...

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]