[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Does Corona support App Name localization?
Started by greg886 Sep 02 2013 10:06 PM

- - - - -
57 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

toga

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
toga
  • Contributor

• 103 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob,

i would be happy if there would be a "always working" workaround for example with help of the apktool.

Corona should provide a formal & reliable way to do this!

Rene.castillo

Rene.castillo
  • Enthusiast

• 59 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi guys, i was trying this with compile and decompile my apk with the apktool, but first i was having some issue with the error 

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: brut/apktool/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

and know my apktool its ready because i download various versions of de jdk and jre and this stuff and the apktool works but when i try to build with corona any app for android its gave me and error warning and later it crash 

Warning: 

Mar 12 13:20:56.378: No -tsa or -tsacert is provided and this jar is not timestamped. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (4751-11-04) or after any future revocation date.

what can i do for it because i reinstall the corona sdk but nothing happend. There are an specific jdk and jre for corona or what? help me please!

ReneCastilloTV

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

@ReneCastilloTV

At the moment apktool isn't compatible with APK's generated with the Corona SDK. Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it since using apktool is a bit of a hack, and has never been officially supported.

Sajid Zeb

Sajid Zeb
  • Observer

• 19 posts
  • Corona SDK

@ingemar

Is there any update on this?? We are not able to locallize corona app name for android till now.. This should b handled.. as it is a major feature for every client who want to made his app multilingual.

Thanx in advance
Sajid

ingemar

ingemar
  • Corona Geek

• 2,733 posts
  • Enterprise

@sajid

AFAIK this isn't supported yet. I'm not actively developing with Corona SDK anymore, so you'll have to either wait for a reply from Corona staff or contact them directly about this issue.

Joshua Quick

Joshua Quick

• 3,397 posts
  • Corona Staff

On Android, your only option is to make a separate build per locale, each with a different localized app name that you enter into the Corona Simulator's build window.  Google Play does support multiple APKs for the same version code, so, this is possible to do.  Admittedly, it's a bit tedious, but for some Corona developers who have to localize their image assets too and need to keep their APK under 50 MB, they kind of need to do this anyways.

Sajid Zeb

Sajid Zeb
  • Observer

• 19 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks @ingemar and @Joshua for your response..

I do have a query about this solution.

@Joshua if i do upload 5 apk's to google.. Does user have to install each app with required language or all apps would be downloaded once..
Also what would happened if i change device language after installing build from google??

Sajid Zeb

Joshua Quick

Joshua Quick

• 3,397 posts
  • Corona Staff

You know what, I'm wrong.  Google Play doesn't support uploading multiple APKs with the same package name for different locales.  You can only do that if you build each localized APK with a different package name, making them technically different apps on the Google Play app store.  But from there, you can check which region you want your APK to be made available in.  Not the most elegant solution, but that's the only one I can think of for Corona Simulator built Android apps.  Now, with Corona Enterprise you *can* easily localize your app name and resources according to Google's documentation, but that's a bigger learning curve if you haven't done native Android development before.

[topic_controls]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]