[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Looking promising!
Started by RagdogStudios Aug 09 2013 01:05 PM

4 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

RagdogStudios

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
RagdogStudios
  • Contributor

• 144 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi there,
we're playing around with Tachyon and it's already pretty awesome :D
This opens a ton more possibilities with Corona, pretty exciting times.

Now, to some feedback (:

* Platform: Mac
* Device name: iPhone 4 skin

For now we've played mostly with shapes, fill and filter, using display.newRect. 

-One thing we weren't able to find, was the ability to repeat an image inside of a shape. What I mean is, like filling a shape with a single tile that repeat itself, instead of scaling up to the shape size. is this planned to be supported?

-Is custom filters in the plans? Meaning writing your own filters.

-When setting the x or y value of a fill (object.fill.x) to any number, the fill seems to "disappear" from the shape, leaving the border pixels extending out. The same happens when you scale down the fill to a value less than 1 (the pixels at the border of the images gets stretched out to fill the remaining space)

-It seems like group will not have editable anchor points. Using containers seems a good solution, but it takes, even if a tiny bit, texture memory. Is anchor for groups or old reference points in the plans?

That's all for now (:

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @hachisoft,

I'll let Walter and the core engineers answer some of these authoritatively, but I can say that groups will not have anchor points. The "origin" will be a more theoretical point around 0,0 in content area, similar to how groups currently work.

Brent

jstrahan

jstrahan
  • Corona Geek

• 1,926 posts
  • Corona SDK

i suggested adding an additional argument to the fill option true/false to state if you want the image to repeat or stretch

RagdogStudios

RagdogStudios
  • Contributor

• 144 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @hachisoft,

I'll let Walter and the core engineers answer some of these authoritatively, but I can say that groups will not have anchor points. The "origin" will be a more theoretical point around 0,0 in content area, similar to how groups currently work.

Brent

Thank you for the answer Brent. Right now though, Groups do accept setReferencePoint, and I've used it plenty of times to easily positions groups of objects or to animate them.

Right now though, making a group of objects rotate around a point that's not 0,0, requires the use of a container, which masks takes a bit texture memory, whereas groups do not.

It's not really that big of a break, it's just that since it was possible before, I would love if it could be an option again.

admin

admin
  • Administrator

• 68 posts
  • Administrators

Containers all share the same mask which uses a grand total of 64 pixels :)

The fill has properties that modify the texture coordinate that Corona generates implicitly for you. For example, object.fill.x is an offset for the 'u' texture coordinate. NOTE: this is different from the object's x,y.

Yes, there will be support for repeating an image. See 'textureWrapX' and 'textureWrapY' under display.setDefault(): http://docs.coronalabs.com/tachyon/api/library/display/setDefault.html

If you tile, you'll want to scale the texture coordinates so that they repeat, as shown at the bottom of display.setDefault()'s page.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]