[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Admob Interstitial not showing on iPhone. They are being replaced by normal banners.
Started by scrapee.net Jul 29 2013 12:04 PM

* * * * * 3 votes
29 replies to this topic
admob interstitial
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

dimd

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
dimd
  • Contributor

• 100 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob,

admob requires to have a separate AppID for banner and for interstitial.

So we have to be able to call the ads.init twice.

@ubj3d.android : Could you tell me where you read that AdMob requires 2 separate appID's? I could not find mention of it. And it seems to work with using only one, no?.

scrapee.net

scrapee.net
  • Enthusiast

• 88 posts
  • Corona SDK

@ubj3d.android : Could you tell me where you read that AdMob requires 2 separate appID's? I could not find mention of it. And it seems to work with using only one, no?.

This is true dimd.

Admob changed. If you migrated to the new admob, this is necessary.

dimd

dimd
  • Contributor

• 100 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for the info. So i guess i won't migrate to the new admob, as it seems to be working properly for me with only 1 ID for both. But that is only temporary, i assume in the long run everyone will have to migrate to the new admob, so a fix is necessary.

scrapee.net

scrapee.net
  • Enthusiast

• 88 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for the info. So i guess i won't migrate to the new admob, as it seems to be working properly for me with only 1 ID for both. But that is only temporary, i assume in the long run everyone will have to migrate to the new admob, so a fix is necessary.

I really recommend you to don't migrate.

In the new admob, they also dont pay with paypal. Only wire transfer.

--

Guys... I find out, that the ads library doesn't need to be loaded twice, to display an Interstitial and one normal banner.

I think this may be some new update.

Just do like this:

local ads = require "ads"

ads.init( "admob","ca-app-pub-INTERSTITIAL AD")
  ads.show( "interstitial", { x=0, y=0 } )

ads.show( "banner", { x=0, y=0,appId = "ca-app-pub-BANNER AD" })

Documentation about this, here: http://docs.coronalabs.com/legacy/plugin/ads-admob/show.html

dimd

dimd
  • Contributor

• 100 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ok, so i just realized that indeed something is wrong with using only one ID for both Banners and Interstitials. I have many interstitials requests but zero impression. So i guess i am on the new admob =( (or the old adMob had the same problem).

The strange thing is that interstitials actually work and show in the app, with adMob set to test or not, but it seems like it doesn't record impressions. 

Can someone confirm that it is possible and working fine to use 2 ID's (one for banner and one for interstitial) ?

You can make sure in the "Reporting" tab of admob, there it shows both types of requests. (which seems odd, why does it show "Requests" and "Interstitials Requests" if it allows for only one at a time... Or maybe the issue is only with Corona...)

Thanks in advance,

Dim

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]