[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found?
Started by LairdGames Jul 09 2013 01:22 PM

- - - - -
15 replies to this topic

Best Answer Naomi , 09 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hey, Mo, you just need to go to iOS Dev Center, add the new device to your provisioning profiles and use the updated profiles when generating a device build.

Naomi

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

LairdGames

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have just got an iphone5 and was hoping to test my upcoming app on it (previously using iphone4 and ipad2) But for some reason I am getting this error once I try to upload the app to the device:

"A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found."

some reas It has been a while since i dealt with provisioning profile (thanks God!) so I am not sure how to proceed. The iphone 4 (OS 6.1.3) is working fine (no error) I also made sure to add the new iphone 5 device ID to the profile in question. I can see the profile on the device and the profile is valid according to the xcode...

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Mo

EDIT:  I am using the latest xcode (4.6..) and the latest Corona build. The iphone 5 has OS 6.1.4)

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Hey, Mo, you just need to go to iOS Dev Center, add the new device to your provisioning profiles and use the updated profiles when generating a device build.

Naomi

LairdGames

LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

THANKS Naomi as always! I thought I did that but I think it will be a good idea to recheck that. I will post when I am done with that.

Thanks again.

Mo

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Remember to add the new one to Xcode, and restart Corona Simulator before you compile a new build.  If you had Corona Simulator already opened before you updated the profile, and even if you added the new one to Xcode, if you didn't restart Corona Simulator, it wouldn't be using the updated profile.

Naomi

LairdGames

LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

THANK YOU! I just rechecked my dev center and my iphone5 was not checked in in that profile! Not sure why but after I checked and download the new profile, everything worked like a charm. Oh I hate provisioning profiles!

I appreciate the fast help Naomi!

Mo

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Glad it worked out for you!

Naomi

stardustJerry

stardustJerry
  • Enthusiast

• 63 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have recently updated my iOS certificates and provisioning profiles but the Corona Simulator still shows the old ones so I'm not able to build for iOS.  I closed xCode and the Corona Simulator and even installed the latest Corona build.  The old ones still show up.  

The profiles are in  /Users/(current user)/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

Any suggestions?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,781 posts
  • Enterprise

How about deleting them all and re-downloading them that you created with the new certificates? 

stardustJerry

stardustJerry
  • Enthusiast

• 63 posts
  • Corona SDK

I finally found the answer on stackoverflow:  Some invalid or expired certificates were not shown in the keychain app.  You have to do a search for "iPhone" in Keychain and then certificates show up that weren't visible under either login or system, including
some expired or invalid ones.  I did that search and deleted the junk ones and then the simulator was able to build for my devices.

This is when my love/hate relationship with Apple goes more to the hate side...  Sometimes it seems they don't care about developers or the time they waste with stuff like that.

marsone

marsone
  • Contributor

• 118 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm having a problem along the same lines. I did what many people have suggested which was to delete all existing Certificates and Provisioning Profiles and then reinstall them. I even got rid of the duplicate and expired ones.

After I did, my app builds from Corona just fine. I then open iPhone Configuration Utility. But once in the iPhone Configuration Utility, when I click the "Install" button next to the app name under DEVICES>Marlon's iPad Mini, it says "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found." I did also notice that the newly-installed Provisioning Profiles do not show up under DEVICES>Marlon's iPad mini>Provisioning Profiles tab. Does this sound right to you guys?

What am I doing wrong? Is it because I'm not a Pro subscriber? Any help is appreciated.

stardustJerry

stardustJerry
  • Enthusiast

• 63 posts
  • Corona SDK

It doesn't sound right that none of the new profiles show up on your device.  I use xCode, so maybe it is different, but I had to copy the new profiles to my devices after deleting the old ones.  Then it worked fine.

marsone

marsone
  • Contributor

• 118 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey guys,

How do you copy the new profiles to your devices using Xcode? In Xcode Organizer, I tried dragging them from the Provisioning Profiles section of the LIBRARY to the Provisioning Profiles section on under DEVICES, to no avail. It just says "Marlon's iPad mini is not included in this profile," even though it is indeed checked on the Provisioning Portal.

More background on this...

I actually just got back into Corona after a yearlong hiatus. At my day job, I develop enterprise apps in Xamarin, but using my company's iOS Development Certificate and their MacBook Pro. Can you only have one Certificate installed per machine or something? Back when I first delved into Corona development on my older Mac mini, I never had any problems installing my Corona apps onto my test devices.

I've been trying to figure this out for a week now.

stardustJerry

stardustJerry
  • Enthusiast

• 63 posts
  • Corona SDK

#marion8    Dragging should work in the xCode organizer. Since it tells you the iPad mini isn't included in the profile, that means you have to go back and check on the Apple Developer site to make sure the certificates, devices and profiles all are consistent and that the iPad mini is really included on that profile.   You may have to delete your certificates and profiles and re-create and re-download them.  But the dragging will work if all is ok according to the Apple gods.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,781 posts
  • Enterprise

"Marlon's iPad mini is not included in this profile,"

That sounds like your device has not been added to the profile in the provisioning portal.

marsone

marsone
  • Contributor

• 118 posts
  • Corona SDK

You know, Rob, I figured I'd check and just make sure my iPad mini was indeed in the Provisioning Portal. It was, but you wanna hear something funny?

Just for kicks, I plugged my iPad mini, opened iTunes to check my UDID, and the UDID had changed!!! I have no idea how, because I've only ever had one iPad mini, this one, and the UDID is completely different now. We use TestFlight at work to send out beta builds (sometimes to our own devices). I went on TestFlight to check my iPad mini's existing UDID and sure enough, it has the old UDID on there; the one I'm accustomed to seeing this past year. The one that it was just last week.

Anyone ever hear of this before?? It's actually kind of disturbing. I always thought there was only one UDID per device ever. Is this a result of Apple being haxored?

Anyway, after this revelation, I deleted all certificates, development profiles, and distribution profiles, created new ones using different names, and downloaded and installed these new certificates and profiles. Sure enough, not only was I now able to drag the new Development profile from the Xcode Organizer LIBRARY to the DEVICE>Provisioning Profiles section, I was also able to add my application using iPhone Configuration Utility without a hitch.

Freakin Apple, man!

marsone

marsone
  • Contributor

• 118 posts
  • Corona SDK

Also, apologies to LairdGames. Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]