[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How to choose Admob banner size?
Started by scrapee.net Jun 27 2013 07:20 PM

- - - - -
5 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

scrapee.net

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
scrapee.net
  • Enthusiast

• 88 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello. I added admob to my iphone game, but It does not respect the settings chosen ad admob.com

The width is aways the width of the screen, and the height is something about 30px.

How to display 300x50?

thanks/

Netox

Netox
  • Enthusiast

• 75 posts
  • Corona SDK

There is no possibility to set size, because Corona staff decided to give us only "smart" banners which occupies entire available width. These dimensions unfortunately are not compatible with rest of available ad providers.

scrapee.net

scrapee.net
  • Enthusiast

• 88 posts
  • Corona SDK

There is no possibility to set size, because Corona staff decided to give us only "smart" banners which occupies entire available width. These dimensions unfortunately are not compatible with rest of available ad providers.

Ok. But, what about their height? Will it be always the same or can change from ad to ad?

AndyCWatson

AndyCWatson
  • Enthusiast

• 46 posts
  • Corona SDK

I haven't embedded admob in my app yet, still working on the old ad network.

It's a problem for me if banners will only display full length.

At the moment I have a landscape orientated app, with the ad showing top right, taking up approx 50% of the width of the screen. Are you saying once I switch to admob (as is my intention and one of the reasons for me going pro) I'm going to have an ad that runs the full length of the screen?

Netox

Netox
  • Enthusiast

• 75 posts
  • Corona SDK

These banners usually are full length (width), but sometimes with different dimensions. Google described these banners as a "smart banners" ;) There is more about it: https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/smart-banners

Unfortunately is very hard to replace standard banners with these smart banners with not exactly known dimensions.

scrapee.net

scrapee.net
  • Enthusiast

• 88 posts
  • Corona SDK

I haven't embedded admob in my app yet, still working on the old ad network.

It's a problem for me if banners will only display full length.

At the moment I have a landscape orientated app, with the ad showing top right, taking up approx 50% of the width of the screen. Are you saying once I switch to admob (as is my intention and one of the reasons for me going pro) I'm going to have an ad that runs the full length of the screen?

You don't need to be Pro to use Admob. It also works on the starter version.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]