[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How long will I be punished for not renewing my subscription?
Started by xyloidhead Jun 21 2013 11:41 AM

- - - - -
30 replies to this topic

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

bjsorrentino

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @Appletreeman,

I can request this be done internally, but have you done everything that I described above in regards to cleaning out preferences and such? (Note: if you're on Windows I can provide a list of steps for that). After that, we'll need to do a regular de-authorization and see if that solves it for you.

Basically, I'm glad to help by submitting these requests to the techs, but I don't want to set a "precedent" in that everybody who sees the upgrade reminder begins requesting these low-level account purges... that will not prevent the reminder from showing up occasionally for Starter users. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Brent

e7k_Erik

e7k_Erik
  • Enthusiast

• 85 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi John,

OK, let's try a few things and maybe we can pin this down in your case. First, we'll try getting rid of the prefs on your local machine.

First, open up the Corona Simulator. Open up "Preferences..." from the app's top menu, and click the "Deauthorize and Quit" button. This should take a few seconds, and the Simulator will then quit.

Also, make sure you don't have another version of the Simulator running. If so, do the same process for that. And, quit LuaGlider if you have that running.

Next, remove the Corona preference files. In the OS X Finder, click on your home directory (main user) to where you see the typical folders like Documents, Movies, Music, etc. Since OS X 10.7, Apple decided to "hide" the Library folder to discourage people getting in there and messing things up. So, now you have to access that by selecting (from the top menu) "Go > Go to Folder..." and then type in "~/library" and click Go. This should take you to the Library folder.

Once in there, open the "Application Support" folder. Locate both the "Corona" and "Corona Simulator" folders and trash them.

Now, back out to the main Library folder again, and locate/open the "Preferences" folder. If you see any files that start with "com.anscamobile.", please trash those. Also, look for the pair that starts with "com.coronalabs." and trash those.

Finally, log out from your account on the Corona website, restart the computer, and then try re-loading the Simulator. Please then report back what happens, and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Brent

I have done all the above, and even removed corona SDK from programs and "reinstalled" it. But nothing works, the reminder comes up everytime i start the simulator or trying to build. And if i starts the terminal one reminder pops up at start of terminal and one when i then start the simulator. Im on mac, if that wasnt clear :)

So if you could help me out on your side that would really help me out. :) 

Thanks

sabelo

sabelo
  • Enthusiast

• 34 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent, you've replied to Appletreeman directly but haven't acknowledged the requests from e7k_Erik and myself. Can we leave it with you or should we be trying to lodge a support request? I understand that the forums aren't really the place for a request like this, I was just hoping I could get a sneaky quick fix.

Thanks

J

betsyjsg

betsyjsg
  • Observer

• 24 posts
  • Corona SDK

Brent,

Could you please provide instructions for the windows users as that is what I am developing on and am starting to get these nagging screens popping up as well. I love corona but just can't afford the price of a pro version.

Thanks.

bjsorrentino

bjsorrentino
  • Veteran

• 8,506 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi @marcs, sabelo, Appletreeman, e7k_Erik,

Your accounts are now cleared, so if you register an existing development machine, the popup issue should be solved.

For future requests of this nature, developers should e-mail support@coronalabs.com, and only if the usual steps of requesting a de-auth do not resolve the behavior.

@betsyjsg, your request may require accessing the Windows registry, which I'm not sure if you're comfortable doing. Please e-mail me separately (brent@) and I'll do my best to guide you through the process.

Best regards,
Brent

sabelo

sabelo
  • Enthusiast

• 34 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Brent, that's solved it for me, haven't received the nagging screen since

Thanks a lot guys

-J