[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Corona Remote - Accelerometer in Simulator - Released
Started by Matthew Pringle Jan 01 2011 04:47 AM

81 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Matthew Pringle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Matthew Pringle
  • Contributor

• 660 posts
  • Corona SDK

Update v1.1 sent for review.

Compass added
Ability to change graph / display
Fake compass mode for older devices without compass

uid: 5354 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 18167

Matthew Pringle

Matthew Pringle
  • Contributor

• 660 posts
  • Corona SDK

Update v1.2 released.

Upgraded to an asynchronous connection to enhance speed and reliability of the connection between the remote and the simulator.
uid: 5354 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 20115

ksan

ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

Keeps getting better & better. Congratulations.
uid: 11904 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 20358

bowerandy

bowerandy
  • Observer

• 11 posts
  • Guests

@Matthew Pringle, this is absolutely fab but you are selling it far too cheaply. Don't listen to the naysayers who say, hmm. $10.99 is a bit much but I'd buy it if it did this bit extra. Or the others who say you might stop supporting it so where's my ten bucks gone then. Geez, it's ten bucks and it will save anyone who uses the accelerometer on Corona literally hours of time.

I tell you right now that I would easily have paid $25 or $50 for this. Maybe even $100. I know lots of people who might use Corona are probably kids without much cash and they'll hate me saying this but in the end you have produced a professional product (I mean look at the detail in your sample apps) and you deserve to charge a sensible price.

Put the price up to $25 right now and then maybe we'll be even more likely to see continuing support into the future. Thanks again.
uid: 11045 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 27179

Matthew Pringle

Matthew Pringle
  • Contributor

• 660 posts
  • Corona SDK

@bowerandy Thanks for the kind comments and I hope you find it useful!

Its not a money making project as such, just covering costs and I want everyone ( including the kids ) to be able to afford it.

Ive was considering putting it free but im getting a good few support requests about setting up networks and other such issues that can arise trying to network 2 devices over a local network, blocked ports etc... so I dont think I could afford the time in supporting people if it was free.

As far as updates go, im following Corona updates closely to ensure things still work as advertised, ive integrated users requests and im slowly rewriting the engine for a third time to support touch events ( still some time off ).

There will also be a version for android / windows ones the beta includes the async http api.

If I ever did decide to end development I would also post the source code in the forums so users could alter and compile for themselves but at the moment I would rather keep the source closed so I can control the experience.
uid: 5354 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 27216

neoroman

neoroman
  • Observer

• 16 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow it's just great!
uid: 120808 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 113529

mohitsolanki1990

mohitsolanki1990
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

I tried the accelerometer in one of my projects,it looks good but when the object comes near the screen boundaries it moves very slowly.
In the middle part of the screen the movement is quite swift. I just wanted the movement of the object to be uniform over the screen.
if anyone could help in sorting out this issue would be a great help

uid: 171925 topic_id: 4773 reply_id: 122985

[topic_controls]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4

[/topic_controls]