[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Million Tile Engine Beta Release
Started by dyson122 Mar 25 2013 12:15 PM

568 replies to this topic
tile tiles lightning blazing engine tile engine
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 23 of 23 21 22 23
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

ojnab

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
ojnab
  • Contributor

• 517 posts
  • Corona SDK

I finally got around to really diving into MTE for a ouya platform game and I must say I am impressed… everything works very well. So I am very sorry hear that dyson will stop working on and supporting it.

@dyson here is my suggestion. Put up a fundraising campain on indiegogo or something. If it reaches it’s goal you open source it. When it’s open sourced the users can maintain it. This way it will live on and evolve + there is a chance at least some of your hard work will be rewarded financially. 

Thanks!

dyson122

dyson122
  • Contributor

• 590 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've re-enabled MTE purchases through Gumroad for the time being, for those of you who still want to give it a try.

greg brady

greg brady
  • Contributor

• 216 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've re-enabled MTE purchases through Gumroad for the time being, for those of you who still want to give it a try.

Awesome!!!

FAVIO007

FAVIO007
  • Observer

• 14 posts
  • Corona SDK

Great!! I have my own license ..... :) Let's try it!

chillfok

chillfok
  • Enthusiast

• 98 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dyson thank you very much for re-enabling purchases. I've gone ahead and purchased my copy. Cheers!

rotter

rotter
  • Observer

• 23 posts
  • Corona SDK

All,

Is it a easy way to scale the map to fit the screen if the map is smaller then the screen size ?

for example say that I have 9 tiles 3 in 3 rows and I like it to fit the screen as it's smaller then the screen size but... if I have 10000 tiles (100 tiles X 100 rows) I don't want it to fit the screen size !?

Cheers

phoenixongogo

phoenixongogo
  • Enthusiast

• 57 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know my apps powered by MTE are now available on both platform.

Description:

Tender and delicious looking adorable sheep: "Mochi-Sheep" now come alive in our 3 relaxing game! 
check them out: 

Attached File  iTunesArtwork.png   183.97KB   0 downloads
"Sheepo Graze” - Lead Mochi-Sheep graze around the pasture, avoid obstacles and other sheep, do as many combo as you can to make higher score!
jgF6mg9.png

wWGBDgt.png

Attached File  iTunesArtwork.png   225.71KB   0 downloads
"Sheepo Save” - Save the Mochi-Sheep from hungry wolves, test your eye-hand skill to see how many wolves you can knock out!
AjAyHbX.png

6ozURxG.png

Attached File  iTunesArtwork.png   198.16KB   0 downloads
"Sheepo Snake” - Enjoy classic snake game with adorable Mochi-Sheep, try make a incredible long sheep snake parade!
mtpnL60.png

4y5rWOO.png

Get them now for FREE! 
More fun games here: Marugemon Homepage
Get news from us on: Marugemon Facebook Page
Follow us on Twitter: @Marugemon

Share your thought if you like, thanks 

ksan

ksan
  • Corona Geek

• 2,795 posts
  • Corona SDK

Very cute graphics and amazing smooth gameplay. Thanks for sharing as an example of what can be achieved with MTE. This is great!!!

spideri

spideri
  • Contributor

• 106 posts
  • Corona SDK

The QuizTix series of games is also powered by MTE. You may think 'it's only a quiz game' but when the camera is zoomed out you can see roughly 1,000 tiles (256x256), 500 seats (256x512) and 500 characters (256x512) and it runs great! Thanks 

again Dyson for all your hard work.

We have 4 versions available on iOS and Android: Movies, Pop Music, World Football (soccer) and Video Games. So far our players have answered over 11 million questions.

www.quiztix.co

twitter.com/quizbo

udaynayak88

udaynayak88
  • Observer

• 4 posts
  • Corona SDK

hi Dyson,

1. i am using enableTouchScroll() in isometric, but is not scroll properly same as orthogonal. 

2. we can add one map(farm) to another big map. so we can drag this farm to another place in big map.

thanks in advance. 

dyson122

dyson122
  • Contributor

• 590 posts
  • Corona SDK

MTE is now free. https://gumroad.com/l/staO

Download it, try it out, maybe create something great with it. Have fun!

egruttner

egruttner
  • Enthusiast

• 64 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow, good news and bad news! I was hoping that dyson122 was back in business, but definitely is not  :(

Dyson, Is there any chances that you will back to support the incredible MTE?

Cheers!

Savarok

Savarok
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Enterprise

MTE is now free. https://gumroad.com/l/staO

Download it, try it out, maybe create something great with it. Have fun!

Morning @Dyson122, 

Is the lastest update of MTE still usable with the latest version of Corona (non daily edition)?

Thanks

Danny

dyson122

dyson122
  • Contributor

• 590 posts
  • Corona SDK

A clarification: developers can use MTE in their games and sell those products. Developers can even use MTE's engine code in their own engine so long as that engine is open source, free for everyone, and I'm credited for the MTE code. There is a chance some of MTE will be incorporated into Dusk, and I fully support this. Anything to get as much power into the hands of as many developers as possible. 

@egruttner; I have no plans to continue development and support of MTE. There is always a chance, but its pretty slim. I do plan on doing some indie stuff in the future, but it will be in Unity.

@Danny; Yes, MTE works fine with the latest Corona public release. The samples ran correctly in the simulator and I was able to publish and run Lighting 0v990 on my Nexus 5 without any problems.

Azmar

Azmar
  • Contributor

• 140 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey Dyson you willing to post the code/demo from your youtube video's on "Corona SDK Engine Demo 5 or 6"? I'm very interested in this and would love to mess around with it, maybe willing for some cash? It just looks so cool and a lot of fun.

dyson122

dyson122
  • Contributor

• 590 posts
  • Corona SDK

No, sorry Azmar, but there's some stuff in it I plan on using in a future project.

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,703 posts
  • Enterprise

Where did the website go for the Million Tile Engine, I am new and don't have the MTE.lua file.

dyson122

dyson122
  • Contributor

• 590 posts
  • Corona SDK

You can download the files directly from my Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8zoywKO40aiMjZHaXh2NElPZFU/view?usp=sharing

I've updated the original post with the new link.

jospic

jospic
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Corona SDK

@dyson122

Hi,

in MTE "sonic final" example project are specified surface data coordinates, for collisions, for each tile.

Is possible to change visually them in the Tiled environment?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

-j

[topic_controls]
« Page 23 of 23 21 22 23

[/topic_controls]