[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Planet Invaders
Started by TheRealTonyK Feb 25 2013 01:45 AM

31 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

TheRealTonyK

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
TheRealTonyK
  • Contributor

• 335 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey Mo,

No problem. Had a couple "caught by spam filters" too. These things happen and unless I'm sleeping, it should be dealt with immediately.

I include a "Demo" main.lua in all my packages that demonstrate how to use the libraries (except for game templates, of course, as they ARE the demo. :). For EnViRo, tapping the screen will cycle through each Scene. Once you look over the small amount of code it takes to do this, I'm sure you'll start to get the hang of how it works. Slightly more detailed documentation is being worked on and I'll ship them out just as soon as they are complete.

I am also working on graphical designers and everyone will be notified and given access when they are complete. :)

For EnViRo, take a look at EnViRo_Lib_Default_Set.lua. Make a backup copy, of course, and start playing with the parameters. Change some colors, swap out some images, change some speeds and I'm sure you'll start to get the hang of it. Next, add a new Scene to EnvScenes.SceneNames, copy one of the existing Scenes, rename to your Scene name (you'll see the pattern) and start putting in all the elements that you want (copy them from the other Scenes, swap out images, change colors, sizes, speeds, etc).

I can't wait to see what people create!
uid: 21331 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144365

jflowers45

jflowers45
  • Contributor

• 320 posts
  • Enterprise

Picked up a copy of the code+enviro bundle. Looking fwd to playing with it
uid: 32462 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144370

LairdGames

LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sounds good! I will have a lot of fun with it this week end!

I will also love some pointers on the OO design when you get a chance. Just a 30K feet view, nothing too specific. Like I said , it is a bit overwhelming at this time since I really did not use any OO in my current app. Maybe just a quick overview of the Planets template to see how things are connected to each other. I really want to keep away from the linear way I am doing things right now since it leads to spaghetti/hard to maintain code! But I need a starting push!!! I think your game template is PERFECT for this mental switch!

Thanks again.

Mo
uid: 100814 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144371

TandG

TandG
  • Contributor

• 422 posts
  • Corona SDK

Congrats on the shop, it's looking really good! Got some nice libraries up already!
I'm even tempted to get the code bundle despite the fact that i don't need it all :D

Hope it goes well!
uid: 69826 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144394

TheRealTonyK

TheRealTonyK
  • Contributor

• 335 posts
  • Corona SDK

@jflowers45 - Awesome! I also sent you the EnViRo stand-alone system. Looking forward to the Scenes people create!

@LairdGames - Will be including some heavier documentation soon, and I've begun working on including EnViRo in another very small template game to show another use for it as well as more step-by-step instructions on doing so. ;)

@TandG - HEY!! You've always been so very kind and supportive since day one with Wizards3030vs and even Twitter. \m/ \m/ Your site is becoming indispensable as well with all those tutorials! Hope the studio is going well!
uid: 21331 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144404

TheRealTonyK

TheRealTonyK
  • Contributor

• 335 posts
  • Corona SDK

Documentation for EnViRo sent out and included in the package now. :)
uid: 21331 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144478

LairdGames

LairdGames
  • Contributor

• 969 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow! Thanks, that looks simple enough. Guess who will have fun this weekend. LOL.

Thanks again. Can't wait for the sequel about OO! (If you get the chance of course:)

Mo
uid: 100814 topic_id: 36291 reply_id: 144501

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]