Part 1 -
I need an image gallery iPad/ Android tablet app that is driven by photos stored on a PC. The PC and the mobile device will be on the same local network and will communicate via a UDP socket connection.
In a nutshell:
- Images are already stored on a PC & PC is running a UDP server (not your responsibility)
- Corona App connects to PC via Lua Socket Library
- Corona App polls PC for new images
- Binary Image data is base64 encoded on PC & transferred from PC to Corona APP over UDP socket (not your responsibility)
- New image data is decoded in Corona app and displayed in a scrollable thumbnail gallery
Part 2 -
The user selects an image on the Corona app and they are able to log in to FB, or Twitter, enter an email address or SMS # in order to share their photo.
The app does not need to actually post/email/upload/sms the images, but rather just communicate back to the PC via the UDP socket, the FB token, Twitter Token, Email address, or SMS # and the selected image. The PC will take care of the rest.
In a nutshell:
- User selects thumbnail photo, photo maximizes
- User can select Facebook, Twitter, Email, SMS, or Print
- User selects Facebook, Facebook connect plugin asks user to log in, and approve app. On successful log in, FB Token and photo ID is passed back to PC via UDP socket
- User Selects Twitter..same scenario as FB
- User selects Email, Dialog asking for email address appears and, email and photo ID is sent back to PC via UDP socket
- User selects SMS, same scenario as Email
- User selects Print, photo ID and print flag sent back to PC via UDP socket.
So challenge 1 is to create a continuously updated image gallery populated by base64 encoded image data being transferred over a UDP socket.
Challenge 2 is to allow users to login to social media and enter other data, while transferring the social media tokens and entered data back to the pc.
You can probably tell I'm a developer myself and I know how to build this, but I have no time as I have to concentrate on the PC side of things.
Please let me know if you have any experience related to using the lua socket library, decoding base64 image data, gallery apps, FB connect etc..or just think that you will be able to figure it out..which is ok, I do that too. I just want to know your comfort level with what I described above. Please give me a rough estimate of hours for each part and your availability.