[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook 3.1.1 SDK breaks A LOT
Started by haakon Dec 29 2012 08:39 PM

- - - - -
133 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 6 of 6 4 5 6
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

haakon

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

Walter,

you are holding the facebook session in your plugin, which is not accessible from our plugin. It worked perfectly before you moved your facebook code into a plugin.

We can't force the user to login twice, one time with your plugin and one time with our plugin. So either you must implement the native share dialog in your plugin, or make the facebook session globally available like it was before. Or do you have any other suggestions?
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142898

haakon

haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

I've tested some more. If I haven't logged in with Coronas facebook.login, our plugin works. As soon as we log in with facebook.login, the com.facebook.sdk Code=7 error shows up when we try to invoke the native share dialog.

However, with my code example posted, you know as well as I do that implementing the native share dialog is a 10 minute job for you at most, at least in the enterprise static library, now that you have moved the code into a plugin. And it's even a much voted for feature in your new feature request section...

We'll submit to Apple with daily 1027 since that works fine for us, but I sure hope you'll do something about this soon. I mean, it took 7 weeks to solve the com.facebook.sdk Code=5 error, so maybe you can make up for that by implementing the native share dialog today ;)

Yeah!
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142901

haakon

haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

There's still a bug in 1030:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.facebook.sdk error 5.)

Steps to reproduce
==============
1) Login with facebook
2) Turn off internet connection
3) Try to do something with Facebook (request me/friends for instance)
4) Fails with error 5
5) Turn on internet connection
6) Try to do something with Facebook (request me/friends for instance)
7) Result: Facebook is now completely borked, the only way to restore Facebook operations is to exit the app and start anew.

Can the developer responsible for the facebook integration PLEASE put some pride in making a robust facebook implementation and actually TEST it? Unbelievable that we have to go so many rounds.
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142912

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Here's a quick update regarding the daily build 1030 as it applies to my project -- it's working perfectly for me! I tested all possible route, and everything is working smoothly. At this point, I don't expect any aspect of FB in my app to break. Woohooo!! Thanks for the fix!

Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142933

cublah

cublah
  • Contributor

• 379 posts
  • Corona SDK

You could just check for connectivity before you do any Facebook commands, if no connectivity then display message (which you should do anyway) not perfect but would solve it most of the time.
uid: 8697 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142937

haakon

haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

@cublah, yes, I know. The problem is that exceptions in the sdk/integration completely breaks all FB functionality, and Corona needs to handle it.

I've implemented the workarounds needed, and we're using daily 1027, so right now everything works as it should for us. We're stuck at 1027, though, until Coronalabs fixes the native share dialog. The network bug is fixed like you suggested and can stay like that.
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142938

walter

walter

• 726 posts
  • Alumni

@haakon, all calls to FBSession on the Corona side are silo'd in the plugin. So as long as you don't require our facebook library, you won't call into the plugin, thereby avoiding any conflict.

And from what you say, it looks like you are using our plugin alongside yours, so that explains your issues.
uid: 26 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142939

haakon

haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

@walter,

the error I found is not related to mixing 2 plugins. Mixing the plugins only affects the native share dialog.

I guess the only way we'll get facebook integration WITH native share dialogs is to roll our own Facebook plugin from scratch? I was kind of hoping not having to do that, since you have already integrated with Facebook. Our plugin has just got the native share dialog implemented, not anything related to login, sessions or posting stuff to facebook...
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 142943

haakon

haakon
  • Contributor

• 188 posts
  • Enterprise

Fixed. Rewrote the plugin to use iOS functionality instead of Facebook functionality:

SLComposeViewController*fvc = [SLComposeViewController composeViewControllerForServiceType:SLServiceTypeFacebook];

With that we were able to switch to daily 1030 and continue presenting the users with native share dialogs.
uid: 21746 topic_id: 34416 reply_id: 143042

[topic_controls]
« Page 6 of 6 4 5 6

[/topic_controls]