[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Help picking good art software
Started by jaffa66 Nov 24 2010 09:47 AM

2 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

jaffa66

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
jaffa66
  • Observer

• 8 posts
  • Guests

Hi all,

I am new to games programming and Corona. Could someone please tell me which is the best drawing software to use. I was thinking of using a 3D program to make the images and save them as png files. Is this a good way of doing things or can someone suggest a better way. I not good with photoshop type software.

Thanks.
uid: 11339 topic_id: 3986 reply_id: 303986

finnk

finnk
  • Contributor

• 149 posts
  • Corona SDK

Even if you use 3D you'll need a good program to make the textures for those models, so there's no escaping the need for a good paint/drawing program.

Suggesting Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, or Adobe Flash.

Gimp is the free thing you might wanna try out before going over to Photoshop. In the end, it's not what you use but how you use it and anything is feasibly powerful given enough practice. Take this from someone who use to do QBasic sprites in MSPAINT and now paints photoreal in Photoshop! You get good by learning techniques and practicing. Nobody is great from the beginning unless they have transferable experience, not excluding traditional pencil to paper.

Flash is good because you'll be able to get used to vectors, make scalable graphics, and well, you know what Flash is capable of.
uid: 11024 topic_id: 3986 reply_id: 12041

jaffa66

jaffa66
  • Observer

• 8 posts
  • Guests

Hi finnk,

Thanks for the help. I have decided to give flash a try.
uid: 11339 topic_id: 3986 reply_id: 12135

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]