[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How to create a new level?
Started by izzthetruth Nov 20 2010 07:05 AM

3 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

izzthetruth

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
izzthetruth
  • Enthusiast

• 91 posts
  • Guests

so i wanna create a new level in my game but i dont know how to start that, and i dont know how to make the game go to the next level after a certain number of enemies are killed, any help?
uid: 10827 topic_id: 3833 reply_id: 303833

Magenda

Magenda
  • Contributor

• 427 posts
  • Corona SDK

@izzthetruth

Good question. There is no easy way to do this in Corona. You have to manually implement it!
In Corona, you can find facebook support but not a ...Scene Manager. Isn't that cool?

A user has provided a nice module for doing scene management, for the time being. See the Director module in code exchange: http://developer.anscamobile.com/code/director-class-10
After playing with this module, be sure to note somewhere that there are some memory-management issues remaining to be solved (listeners, timers) for an outgoing scene to not leave garbage behind it. This is something significant if you don't want crashes in your game. Stay tuned for a solution.

Also, join the "Ansca, we need an official Scene Manager" revolution movement, here in the forums. Don't hesitate to raise your voice wherever possible, if you want to see this soon implemented.

See you inside...
uid: 7356 topic_id: 3833 reply_id: 11653

dweezil

dweezil
  • Contributor

• 568 posts
  • Corona SDK

Also, join the "Ansca, we need an official Scene Manager" revolution movement, here in the forums.

Agreed.
uid: 9371 topic_id: 3833 reply_id: 11686

jmp909

jmp909
  • Corona Geek

• 1,328 posts
  • Corona SDK

Define "level" though. A new level could just mean changing a few variables, settings etc ie think of a level in bejeweled.

What do you actually want a scene manager to do?
uid: 6645 topic_id: 3833 reply_id: 12052

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]