I originally created the game in a program called GameSalad. A few months ago GameSalad was going to change their business model to a become a third party publisher with a revenue share.
I did not want to go that route, so I started looking for other options, and starting playing around with Corona.
I really enjoy the power and performance of Corona, and as I have been a Flash programmer for the last 10 years, I find the scripting really easy.
My intention is to create a lot of these adventure games, and I needed to create a game engine that is powerful and scalable.
This new version of Grisly Manor has not added any more content, but is much more stable. The loading times are completely gone, and I was able to finally eliminate the random "black screens" that some players were experiencing.
I was also able to port the game to Android.
I am busy creating a new, much larger adventure game. The new game will be 5x the size of Grisly Manor when it is complete.
My new engine also has some nice new features: a journal that keeps track of symbols and codes you encounter in the game, a dynamic map that charts the locations you've visited, and a robust inventory system.
The inventory system is key as it allows me to make way more complicated and challenging puzzles.
The new game also supports multiple languages.
Anyway, that is why I ported it to Corona!
uid: 8444 topic_id: 3679 reply_id: 16115