[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Device Build Displaying Nothing
Started by IndeedYes08 Nov 04 2010 12:55 PM

2 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

IndeedYes08

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
IndeedYes08
  • Enthusiast

• 95 posts
  • Guests

I have been working on a app skeleton and decided to try to add it to my device to give it a test run! I was able to do everything correctly and install the app; however, when I open the app on my device I get nothing but a black screen and nothing shows up at all. Tried this on both a 3G and iPhone 4, same results.

As I am new, this is my first time loading an app onto my device, so maybe im missing something. Sound familiar to anyone? I remember reading something about the png formatting that was causing issue for some users, but not sure if this is relevant. Thanks in advance for any help!
uid: 9968 topic_id: 3409 reply_id: 303409

wsterdan

wsterdan
  • Enthusiast

• 36 posts
  • Corona SDK

Without more details it's hard to troubleshoot; did the app work correctly in the simulator? If so, it might be something as simple as the lettercases used in your .png files or something equally minor.

The first thing I'd do would be to compile and install one of Corona's sample apps and make sure they work (even something as simple as one of the "Hello World" samples would let you test your workflow). If that works well, then post a little more info on your program; somebody here should be able to help (they're a great group who've helped me a lot).

-- Walt Sterdan
uid: 4329 topic_id: 3409 reply_id: 10260

IndeedYes08

IndeedYes08
  • Enthusiast

• 95 posts
  • Guests

@wsterdan

Details are absolutely helpful so sorry I did not think to post any before!

I did indeed get 2 templates on the iphone and working without any issues so it leads me to believe that it is my project specifically.

The project uses the director class downloaded from the code exchange, and some of my files do have uppercase letters in them. Does this directly affect the program? The app works perfect in the simulator and I have had no issues pop up in the debugger or terminal.

Is there any other info that would be relavent to solving the issue? Thanks for your time!

uid: 9968 topic_id: 3409 reply_id: 10337

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]